NJA orders 50 Phenom 300s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not my point.

If they can't provide the product, they don't deserve the business.

The point is that NetJets is dumping their a/c (they never had a plan on dealing with old a/c) with the help of one manufacturer (who is subsidize by a foreign government) who is trying to gain market share and destroy the competition.

NetJets is being shrewd (and desperate), but may have crossed the line on this one as their supplier is already on the radar for their practices.

And before it starts...I'm not a NetJets hater...they just keep messing up and lack management that has any vision. They were never as good as they thought they were, but they had a great opportunity to take the industry to the next level, but the arrogance let it slip away.

Last edited:
BTW thanks for posting soemthing that made sense and was a good counter...the rest of the crap on this board appears to be from individuals who barely made it out of the 6th grade.

NetJets is being shrewd (and desperate), but may have crossed the line on this one as their supplier is already on the radar for their practices.

Ah, I see your point; I clamped onto the wrong one. If this is an ethical issue, I'd more put the blame on Embraer rather than Netjets, but I'm a little biased. :laugh:

And I hear you on the 6th grade comments -- I think this is where I'm supposed to call someone a "looser" or something. ;)

BTW thanks for posting soemthing that made sense and was a good counter...the rest of the crap on this board appears to be from individuals who barely made it out of the 6th grade.

NOT Awesome.:(

Misspelling "something" while insulting other folks intelligence. Priceless.:laugh:

Hint: The red dashed lines under words usually means soemthing (sic) is amiss.:D

Cessna and Hawker didn't get the order ... but no double whammy. The aircraft being turned in were already on the market ... no change there.

And did someone already post that much of the work on these airplanes will be US based? While Hawker Beech threatens the union with moving out of Wichita?

CA1900 said:
Cessna's gave us the CJ4, which uses the Williams engines we don't want.

Why not? Williams makes a great engine...

As to "dumping product"...NJA has a good number of used airframes currently on the market and has for some time now but has been VERY good to not "dump" every airframe they want to dispose of at once because they know it would destroy already low values.

I'm pretty sure Embraer recognizes that fact, too...besides, I'm not sure the same potential buyers who would be looking at a 6000-11000hr used Ultra or Encore valued in the $1.5-4M ballpark are the same potential buyers who would be looking at a new $7-9M Phenom 300 or CJ4.

Cessna and Hawker didn't get the order ... but no double whammy. The aircraft being turned in were already on the market ... no change there.

True. However, NetJets would have an objective to sell the a/c for the highest possible price, while Embraer would benefit, long term, by dumping the Cessna and Hawker products at the lowest price.
"In business and economics, predatory pricing is the practice of selling a product or service at a very low price, intending to drive competitors out of the market, or create barriers to entry for potential new competitors."
The end result is that Cessna and Hawker will see their product resale values plummet, which will in turn drive down the prices of their new equipment to a level that is not sustainable. Meanwhile Embraer will have gained market share and won't have a resale blemish.

The fractional company can deflect criticism for "product dumping" and market disruption, by claiming they didn't sell the a/c, Embraer did.

It is a smart move by Embraer to gain market share and crush their competition. NetJets receives a bunch of new a/c paid for by a bloated inventory of a/c that nobody wants. In addition, they won't have to take the income statement hit, or the heat from existing owners for damaging resale values.

Brilliant, simply brilliant!

Unfortunately it's like gm. Gm built crap for so long no one wanted their POS cars. They were going to go the way of the $1.99 hooker. Our gov stepped in and saved them :( Cessna and HBC have built crap for a long time as well. Why should they be saved? Hell, cessna, as mentioned before, started a company to compete against us! F 'em..

Latest resources

Back