• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA orders 50 Phenom 300s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So how do we know that Cessna created CS to directly compete with NJ?

It would seem that if both are in the same business, they compete against one another.

Maybe you could you either reconsider your question or rephrase it.

My questions are posed due to the cockiness of one poster's remarks. We were not there when Cessna joined with TAG, so why assume that this was some sort of conspiracy. The "how dare they!" attitude was quite egotistical. Cessna is in the business of selling a/c, not solely providing NJ with a/c like said poster alluded to. And now 10+ years later, why wouldn't Cessna be pissed? NJ backed out on a 100 a/c deal.

And now 10+ years later, why wouldn't Cessna be pissed? NJ backed out on a 100 a/c deal.

They don't need to be pissed because it's business. Cessna decided to compete with NetJets, so NetJets decides to not support Cessna as much. Nothing personal.

Oh boy, here we go with the arrogance again. I don't care who NJ supports, or any fractional for that matter. But to say they don't need to be pissed? Wow, you make it sound like they cancelled a subscription to a magazine. And yet again, I don't think that the a/c cancellation was based on this conspiracy theory of "they decided to compete against us."

NetJets didn't cancel orders with Cessna because of CitationAir - they canceled orders because they were bleeding cash in the downturn due to a lack of new share owners...the same reason they canceled $2.6B worth of orders with HawkerBeechcraft late last year. I mean think about it...if NJA really had heartburn about Cessna's involvement in CitationShares, they wouldn't have taken delivery of those many dozen Citations they've bought since 2000...

The bottom line is the Phenom 300 has most of the performance of the CJ4 with a minimally larger cabin cross section than the Citation, inspection intervals double that of the Citation, and a list price roughly $2M per unit lower. With NJA looking at a fleet recapitalization to lower costs, the P300 as their light jet makes a lot of "just business" sense...and that's why I really wouldn't be surprised to see a large NJA Legacy 450 and/or 500 order in the next couple years.

Last edited:
Oh boy, here we go with the arrogance again. I don't care who NJ supports, or any fractional for that matter. But to say they don't need to be pissed? Wow, you make it sound like they cancelled a subscription to a magazine. And yet again, I don't think that the a/c cancellation was based on this conspiracy theory of "they decided to compete against us."

No arrogance involved. Business is business, and NetJets is free to purchase aircraft from whomever they want.

With NJA looking at a fleet recapitalization to lower costs, the P300 as their light jet makes a lot of "just business" sense...and that's why I really wouldn't be surprised to see a large NJA Legacy 450 and/or 500 order in the next couple years.

The force is strong with you young Skywalker! Not to mention it's a common type. ;)

A couple more points on the order. The Garmin package is going to stay. There was talk that is should/could be replaced with Collins but looks like that was shot down.

There is no APU, but it has an electric environ pack, so with a GPU it can be HEATED & COOLED. Definitely a step up from the 560 and 400.

That was the gouge as of last weeks Comp Rec. luncheon with the CP who actually got some stick time in the 300. It is early in the game so I guess anything could change, but it looks pretty solid from what I heard.

Let's just hope it can live up to the hype.

Latest resources

Back