Nja Or Nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All,

In the future NJA, NJI, and NJLA will be on the same sheet. Whether joined through single carrier or future bargaining, it will happen. The reality of the situation is QS is one company with multiple subsidiaries under the NetJets, Inc., umbrella/parent operating on independent air carrier certificates. While I would expect NJA, NJI, and NJLA to remain independent certificates, I fully expect one seniority list consolidated under on collective bargaining agreement.

The situation will be difficult, much like trying to put a broken marriage back together. We can either make it work, or self destruct. I would strongly suggest we make it work. It is in all our mutual interests to make it work.

The million dollar question is… will it be under the Teamsters umbrella, or Independent Pilots Union (ASAP)? It is time to move forward with mutual respect and our focus on the future. Word on the street is L-1108 and the IBT may have some differences to work out - pilots and the profession always come first.

Time will tell, but, I respectfully submit; it's not if, it's when and how.

Last edited:
N J L A ??
Yeah. Like NJE and NJME.

Los Angeles is considered foreign territory ... right Grump?

To meet Southern California Air Quality Management Board restrictions and Noise Compliance Management ...

Special training is required to meet Single Engine Departures, approach and landing techniques for most SOCAL airports. This should half both noise and pollution.

V2 is your friend. This is why it has been difficult to fill the quotas for LAX domiciled crews.

Last edited:
Are you sure about that? My understanding of the LOA was that the union agreed NOT to file the petition for three years from date of signing? That would make it November, 2008; not Jan.

Yes, I am positive about that. The LOA delayed the Single Carrier suit untill Jan 08. After that, open season.

NJLA could also mean Net Jets Lewiston Auburn.

We do have a large contingent of Mainers. :)

Yes, I am positive about that. The LOA delayed the Single Carrier suit untill Jan 08. After that, open season.

Not correct 750. It's right there in the contract on the 1108 website for all to read. It's item 7 in the Letter of Intent on page 219 of the contract. Three years from date of ratification which I recall was October 05.

October '08 filing; Spring '09 hearing. Summer '09 decision. Perhaps an appeal or two. Early '10 implementation if any change.

Like Annie said in Bull Durham, "you can look it up."

Last edited:
1108 will never file the petition! Why give up such an effective bargaining chip for a shot at single carrier? Better to trade NJI for something the members really want! Home basing?

That thought has crossed my mind as well. I've got my Snickers bars ready 'cause nuthin's gonna happen for a while.....

Latest resources

Back