Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA new TA... What will you really make?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

NJA is not flying the richest, because they have their own planes, such as the private A-380 that was purchased (unless they ALSO have a frac share/Marquis Jet Card, as described below).

NJA has a pretty big range, from Marquis Jet Card holders (min $40K to get in) to BBJ/Gulfstream frac owners. Some are smaller fry, like those mentioned above, and some may actually be the richest, because even if they own their own plane(s), they still may have a fract share in something they don't own.

cliff
GRB

$40000!!! Try 150000 to start on the smallest Marquis card..

Also consider that, if these new schedules are actually utilized properly by scheduling (I know, I know), overtime will probably drop a little bit. 5-10% is probably a reasonable expectation.

From one monkey to another, what are you smoking?!

Also consider that, if these new schedules are actually utilized properly by scheduling (I know, I know), overtime will probably drop a little bit. 5-10% is probably a reasonable expectation.

true however I do not expect more than 5 to 10 % to bid the PBS.

Just calculated some numbers. So far, I have made a little over 12% (of my base bay) in overtime, ext days (none volunteered), and holiday pay. Hope this helps.

Biggest moronic statement I have seen on here yet. There are many, many of your owners who ARE susceptible to a significant downturn in the world wide econony. Many Ultra owners who fly for business, for example, and will throttle way back on fractional flying if business needs dictate. To say that this demographic is immune from the world economy, fuel prices, etc is ignorant.
Sounds like UAL and DAL union leaders in 2001.
It might seem "moronic" if you didn't understand the difference between fractional ownership and airline revenue flying. Whether a person owns a share or is purchasing blocks of time from Marquis (who owns the shares), the aircraft is owned and the monthly management fee is paid. It would actually save a fractional company money if the owners didn't use their flight hours. Management fees still get paid but the fractional company no longer has the cost of repositioning fees and many other expenses associated with actually operating the aircraft.
Now those owners could sell their share to someone else but they can't just quit the program unless they file for bankruptcy. Now if the richest people in the world are filing bankruptcy, imagine the state of the airline industry and the impact on the common man by the time that happens. Still seem moronic?

What you might see is no new growth in sales but that's about it.

I've made 21% over my base in overtime, extended days and holidays. Only volunteered once for an extended day. The rest were after midnights when their scheduled 13+55 hour day to get me home didn't work. The 21% isn't counting grievance money or supplemental duty position pay. Kind of a weird year for me. 10% is more normal.

Now that the IBB has passed... as an 8 year Cpt, with IOE pay, I will work 4 months on the 18 day schedule (my choice), and the rest on the 7 and 7 schedule. My BASE pay will be about $128,000. My extended day/vacation day pay is $916.00. With per diem and extras, I figure that I'll easily make $140,000. This does NOT include the 401k match of $7750. It does NOT include the savings generated from crewfood which I figure to be about $3000-$3500. It also does NOT include the savings from free health, dental and vision insurance. I also get three 21 day vacations a year which will increase to four 21 day vacations in 2 years. So the entire package is easily worth $150,000. For this, I will work about 165 days next year.

Latest resources

Back