Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CheyDogFlies

Kickin' it "C"old School
At the risk of getting 20 "use the search button" responses...

What is the NJA timline for:
1. Interview--hire notification.
2. Hire--class date.
Is it different for each domicile, or is the timeline only different for getting to the interview?

2. Hire--class date.
Is it different for each domicile, or is the timeline only different for getting to the interview?
I can tell you from the beginning, thats not completed...
Application process through Dec,
Application was accepted mid Jan
Interview invite beginning of March
-stating for hire months of May and June
Interview offer dates end of March and all throughout April

Use the search button!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.:beer:

2. Hire--class date.

Sir CheyDog,

You could wait months (many) for "a" Domicile.

Also, I would plan on a commute (long of short) to a Domicile NOT going away anytime soon.

Talk is cheap and it's all the company is giving these days in regards to adding Doms cities, etc.

If you are hired here, be prepared to become a bargaining chip the company hpes to cash in in the future.

HBA rights (fly from home) will NOT get to your seniority level for YEARS if ever. NJA would need something like 5,700+ pilots on property before the 1st post CBA pilots would get HBA rights. We currently have 2,600 + or -. NJA has not been able to significantly add to that number in recent months due to the high number of resignations from newhire pilots (with 1 year or less seniority).

They were promised something in the interview that did not happen because it was talk. Oh, by the way, the Union isn't allowed into the interviews so what you hear is very one-sided.

Come here if you don't minf low F/O pay, a long term commute (unless you live in one of the 5 Doms) and at the rate of resignations a long wait for an upgrade.

Also, remember that the company could fix this today if they wanted to by adding Domiciles.

Problem is, they don't want to.

Come here if you don't minf low F/O pay, a long term commute (unless you live in one of the 5 Doms) and at the rate of resignations a long wait for an upgrade.

So what is the definition of a long wait for upgrade? 2-3years? Cause thats what there telling us in the interview...

So what is the definition of a long wait for upgrade? 2-3years? Cause thats what there telling us in the interview...

I am totally guessing, but I heard that this year we are looking at at around 150-220 upgrades. Junior upgrades are going to guys with seniority in the low to mid 1800's. There are currently 2600 pilots. Given these numbers I am thinking a newhire can expect an upgrade in 3.6 to 5.3 years assuming everything remains linear. We could always get a huge influx of aircraft or a mass exodus of pilots that will change those numbers.

Until then expect to get low pay, a domicile, and a chance to fly with me.:puke:

Last edited:
Upgrades?......2 to 3 years at best.

The Domicile issue isn't going away until negotiations for the NEXT contract begin, and it will be the Company's way of trying to swinging the vote.

$$$$$ or less of a commute?

Plan on commuting for at least 4 years.

HBA's for all or my vote is "NO".

It is what it is.

There is no way for them or anyone else to tell you accurately what upgrade time will be.

Be prepared to wait longer (4-5). If upgrade comes sooner, then your expectations will be set conservatively and you will be happier as a result.

2 years ago I was supposed to be a 737 Captain at a major. It's true, the V.P. of Flight told me in indoc. Too bad I got furloughed from there in 2001 with no recall in sight.

..but hey, the V.P. of Flight said it so... it's true, right?

Realize that the company has a quota to meet too. Yes, the standards can be rigid and pilots, good pilots get turned down but recruitment is like a business. They must meet their numbers.

One issue that many pilots have had with recruitment at NetJets is that the process is company created, controlled and administrated. The Union doesn't have any input on the process at all and the 1st time they say word 1 to you is when a pilot has already severed ties with the former employer and are in class mid week through indoc.

This is hardly the time to tell pilots how Domiciles REALLY work. In fact, the company is so nice that they let the Union break the news to newhires just so the IBT looks like the real a$$holes. Nice, huh?

Latest resources

Back