• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Interview/Hire/Class Timeline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They do say...be careful what you ask for...

Just like the three musketeers "All for one and one for all" except it's now "All for the top 50% and the top 50% for the top 50%." Where's wife when we need her wisdom and support? Management has more leverage than you want to believe. No family for you-NEXT.

NJ pilots posting here that they will vote "NO" on the next contract if it doesn't provide HBAs for everyone are not alone. I have often seen that opinion expressed on the NJ message board. Given my posts on the Domicile Debacle no one should be surprised that my family will fully support the FOs in their battle for improved wages and working conditions. My husband was one of the FOs leading the charge during the last round of negotiations and as a Captain will be happy to help again by working with the current FOs. Many other NJ PICs and senior pilots will do the same. CRM at its finest...:)

I can personally assure you, JJ, (based on discussions with my #1 source ;) )that Management needs more help from some of their pilots than you want to believe--particularly those Union committee members that are working jointly with the company to solve problems. BTW, I know some committee chairmen that give up a tremendous amount of their free time to aid the entire NJ pilot group--including the bottom 50%. Obviously, that includes elected 1108 leaders, as well. Additionally, based on the fashion statement (1108 polo shirts worn in Recurrent) made recently by line pilots, I'm happy to inform you that unity is alive and well in the NJA pilot force.

As for new aviation families, I think their future is more secure at NJA than any of the other fracs. (A fair contract does make a big difference for families). That certainly seems to be the opinion of pilots that PM me here asking about family life for those of us on a 7&7 schedule, among other things. I've exchanged PMs with fathers of toddlers and some who are still in the planning stage. (Greetings and best wishes to all of you!)

I do hope that was wise and supportive enough for you....:p
Thanks for including me in the conversation.
NJW

I thought some of you'd have fun with that...:blush: All joking aside, on FO wages it is a serious consideration, but it shouldn't be like that. The idea that a professional pilot might be unable to afford a family is just plain unfair. Nonetheless, the reality exists and it makes me angry for all the couples in that situation. All of our frac families--present and future--deserve better. NJW

Latest resources

Back