NJA Equipment Type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gwadwerc:

Yep, go back and use the lav all you want. I've never had an owner get upset about it. Usually, I'll get up and ask them how everything is going and if they need anything, then, I'll head back there. I try to avoid it if possible if I have more than two pax on board or pax with kids. I hate squeezing through the aisle to get back there.

DorkJet:

I think you're going to enjoy the 800xp. Don't get me wrong, the XL is a good jet, it's just used and abused over at NetJets.

OKay, that is the risk you take. Sorry, if the choice is the chance they spill vs. me or the FO getting blue, guess what? I will take my chance.
As far as these places that "are not allowed bla bla bla".
Carry that sucker to the next stop (unless it is BAD). My guess is there are to many cheapo's not tipping the rampies. Pay them and they will do the job. Hell I had one guy a year or so ago, came out looking like he worked in a Nuke plant. Cleaned the whole damn bowl and all. He made out nicely.

On Your Six said:
Which aircraft has the most comfortable lav? I can't imagine using the Beechjunk or Ultra lav in flight after a trip to Taco Bell - how embarrassing!!!!!

The Ultra/Encore is horriable to go to the bathroom, that is why it is called the walk of shame. There is about to be some new hires put into the encore. They split the ultra/encore fleet and they didn't get enough copilots to fill the initual slots.

Fozzy said:
Hell I had one guy a year or so ago, came out looking like he worked in a Nuke plant. Cleaned the whole dang bowl and all. He made out nicely.

I witnessed a ramp guy several years ago at Heathrow actually POLISH the lav bowl with Flitz! It was a job he was truly proud to undertake. We could all learn from his example. :puke:

OK, so the V and 400XP present extra challenges

Anything else y'all would have wanted to know on the day you were called and offered a choice of equipment? Perhaps Workin' Stiff said it all? Thanks!

The XL pays $225 a month more than any other aircraft you could get offered as a new hire.

Ultra Lav: If you urinate standing up, you must rest your knees on the lav and bend your head forward to assume the appropriate position. If you sit, and are a certain height, you must exit the lav area, get on your knees in the CABIN to pull your pants back up and readjust your shirt/underwear. Try that with 7 on board...JUST SAY NO to the ultra/400XP.

Additionally, the lav area is VENTED to the rest of the airplane cabin/cockpit via the overhead fans so that everyone on board knows what you had for lunch; now THAT is sweet ! :puke:

Last edited:
Not to mention the 400's outflow valves are up in the cockpit, so all the lovely odor emanations from the pax end up - you guessed it - in the cockpit... NICE!

Fozzy said:
Ahh no. $20 makes it all go away.
Didn't the IOE guy explain this to you???:confused:

The lav on the 400 is such a POS that very few line guys know how to deal with it. Give them 20 if you want, you will just end up dealing with it anyway.

Latest resources

Back