• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Contract Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blue, what flavor are they serving at Bridgeway these days? Somehow up through mid '07 NJA was insulated from the old adage, "money talks and BS walks". That reality is slapping them in the face right now, but they are preoccupied with spinning into something positive.

Bottom line, until NJA can price share ownership competitively with charter, we ain't growing. NJAOwner has beat the issue to death.

The variable that you neglected to mention is state of the economy. Im in agreement that in a relatively stagnant economy there will be no growth here. It's reasonable to assume that the US private sector will find its path to more prosperous times. It usually has in my lifetime.

Blue, what flavor are they serving at Bridgeway these days? Somehow up through mid '07 NJA was insulated from the old adage, "money talks and BS walks". That reality is slapping them in the face right now, but they are preoccupied with spinning into something positive.

Bottom line, until NJA can price share ownership competitively with charter, we ain't growing. NJAOwner has beat the issue to death.

When the economy improves significantly, charter prices will rise quite a lot, giving NJA a better chance of selling shares. Might need a different occupant in the White House though.

Case in point, we have sic's hired in the summer of '05 that can't hold a GLC sic bid due to pic's downgrading themselves. That is their right that seniority has granted them, but in the end they are voluntarily downgrading to get a type rating, get better QOL, or fly an international airplane. Again that is their right under the contract. They are looking out for their own interests.

This is becoming the culture of this pilot group. Day by day people are starting to say what about me? They want what they think is theirs to take and they don't want to be the team player anymore. This is probably why the number of voluntary extended days is going up in the domestic fleets.

As I recall the practice of an NJA PIC downgrading to Gulfstream SIC slot began well before the furloughs.

Shameless rumor to follow...

NJA management is/going to use the recent aircraft orders to gain concessions from the pilots. No concessions = order cancellations. What say you?!

I swear...pilots sleep with a night light on....are you guys really scared of the dark?

There is not a boogeyman behind every piece of news.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back