• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Contract Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Honest question, how long are you going to wait on NetJets? While this might be better than some places, it is a dead end job. You will be a career f/o on a super mid if you are lucky and that possibility is years from now. Being in the bottom 50, I am ready and waiting to become a hostage. This ship has sailed and if you were hired after 07/05 you are watching from the dock.

Until something better comes along I'm keeping my recall option open. You wouldn't? Perhaps you don't know since you weren't furloughed during one of the roughest pilot markets in history but there haven't been that many opportunities available that would be worth giving up a recall number.

You are right, I don't have a clue about the crap you and the others have been put through. I can say that I want you all to have all the rights given to you under the contract. I would never recommend giving up your recall rights. With that being said, when that day comes you will quickly find out that it is not the same company.

Case in point, we have sic's hired in the summer of '05 that can't hold a GLC sic bid due to pic's downgrading themselves. That is their right that seniority has granted them, but in the end they are voluntarily downgrading to get a type rating, get better QOL, or fly an international airplane. Again that is their right under the contract. They are looking out for their own interests.

This is becoming the culture of this pilot group. Day by day people are starting to say what about me? They want what they think is theirs to take and they don't want to be the team player anymore. This is probably why the number of voluntary extended days is going up in the domestic fleets.

Please understand, I am only trying to paint the picture of what you will see when you come back. This is why I ask, how long will you wait to get back to NetJets? If it were me, and there were not any other options on the table, I would come back. Get another type and time in type. Then I would bail.

I hope something better comes along for all of us soon.

You are right, I don't have a clue about the crap you and the others have been put through. I can say that I want you all to have all the rights given to you under the contract. I would never recommend giving up your recall rights. With that being said, when that day comes you will quickly find out that it is not the same company.

Case in point, we have sic's hired in the summer of '05 that can't hold a GLC sic bid due to pic's downgrading themselves. That is their right that seniority has granted them, but in the end they are voluntarily downgrading to get a type rating, get better QOL, or fly an international airplane. Again that is their right under the contract. They are looking out for their own interests.

This is becoming the culture of this pilot group. Day by day people are starting to say what about me? They want what they think is theirs to take and they don't want to be the team player anymore. This is probably why the number of voluntary extended days is going up in the domestic fleets.

Please understand, I am only trying to paint the picture of what you will see when you come back. This is why I ask, how long will you wait to get back to NetJets? If it were me, and there were not any other options on the table, I would come back. Get another type and time in type. Then I would bail.

I hope something better comes along for all of us soon.

Can't argue with this... The last 2+ years of "solidarity" have been an utter dissapointment at NJASAP... That and a stalled career progression at NJA made giving up the ## a bit easier...... Now throw in the current EBoard state of confusion, and I see a recipe for disaster come next contract (which will most likely start ramping up next year)... I wanted to go back solely for the homebasing, but the thought of spending the next 10 years (after recall,) as a Phenom 300 SIC and making maybe $95K on the 18 day just didn't add up anymore.....

Thats if the company doesn't do the old end around and demolish recall rights etc... Which seeing how it seems like an "all for myself" Union group, may happen.. I give it 40/60 that nothing changes...

Yeah I hear from numerous active pilots on how NJA sucks now and it would be best to move on. Yet attrition remains at 1%...

Give it another 18-24 months and that rate will go up. It will mostly be people with a seniority number >2000. That will trigger recalls, but there will be no upgrades or 40000lbs+ aircraft bids.

You don't order planes unless you need them. I'd call the bluff.

Not only do I call his bluff I DARE Hansell to cancel the orders!

DO IT! Buffet loves CEO's who who can't perform and shrink a company. It would be the end of his stay at NJ.

Here will be the headlines:

1. "Hansell, Unable to turn around NetJets is faced with a shrinking company"
2. "NJ cancels billions of dollars in orders, are the solvent?"
3. "NJ unable to sell planes, is this the end of fractional ownership"
4. "EJM continues to grow at a record pace while NJ pilots are left on the steet."

PLUS: Why should I take a pay cut to fly a shiny new plane? Flying a new plane is not payment. I can't send a picture of the plane to the mortgage company and say "hey, can you please charge me less because I traded my money to fly this cool plane".

Not only do I call his bluff I DARE Hansell to cancel the orders!

DO IT! Buffet loves CEO's who who can't perform and shrink a company. It would be the end of his stay at NJ.

Here will be the headlines:

1. "Hansell, Unable to turn around NetJets is faced with a shrinking company"
2. "NJ cancels billions of dollars in orders, are the solvent?"
3. "NJ unable to sell planes, is this the end of fractional ownership"
4. "EJM continues to grow at a record pace while NJ pilots are left on the steet."

PLUS: Why should I take a pay cut to fly a shiny new plane? Flying a new plane is not payment. I can't send a picture of the plane to the mortgage company and say "hey, can you please charge me less because I traded my money to fly this cool plane".

Not what I'm thinking. Our EMT is so good at spin they'll come out looking good. More like:
"NJA changes strategy"
"NJA cancels orders, poised for new horizon"
"NJA delays deliveries in strategic move"

And sprinkled within will be how it is a cost effective move, thus smart and that it is all the pilots fault.

I'm sure G4dude is ready to give back everything. Everyone else? Probably not.

Not everything, actually I am hoping we delay negotiations until the economy gets better, so we don't have to give anything back. Worldwide, the economic outlook is rather bleak.

Latest resources

Back