• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA announces 1000 applications for pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So are you saying that you don't pay attention to union stuff?

Yes. I pay dues. and trust the union leaders to run the union, which is probably not smart, as it seems the Luthi radicals are running the asylum. I hope I am wrong about that.

Yes. I pay dues. and trust the union leaders to run the union, which is probably not smart, as it seems the Luthi radicals are running the asylum. I hope I am wrong about that.

So that's a yes. You don't know what's going on with the union and you don't stay informed but you make statements and accusations without the understanding or experience with what is going on.

You call union members thugs but won't acknowledge any of the shady stuff the company has done.

You're undecided if you will scab or not it depends on your perception of the contract not what the majority votes for.

You pay union dues which you believe is enough to get a new contract but won't help with the lifting. You hate the union because you were forced into it but don't hate them so much you would give up the protection and be a fees payer instead of a dues payer.

You say you trust the union leaders which you then follow up that it isn't smart. Except you've proven above you're unwilling to get involved to do anything about it other than posting on an anonymous message board... Which really isn't that anonymous.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Diesel, the only time he'll pay attention is when he discovers he is no longer a privileged class, and that his contractual concerns weren't imbedded in the new CBA, because he didn't care enough to participate.

I'm looking forward to displacements, under the new CBA, out of the G, that puts them where their seniority allows, not their privilege. Then maybe he'll do us a favor and take his arrogance where it belongs, Clay Lacy!

Diesel, the only time he'll pay attention is when he discovers he is no longer a privileged class, and that his contractual concerns weren't imbedded in the new CBA, because he didn't care enough to participate.

I'm looking forward to displacements, under the new CBA, out of the G, that puts them where their seniority allows, not their privilege. Then maybe he'll do us a favor and take his arrogance where it belongs, Clay Lacy!

That will be a rather lengthy wait. They fleet he is in, as am I, is currently scheduled for final retirement in 2023 and that number has steadily risen from 2017. It's doubtful the new contract will change the aircraft retirement timeline although the way in which displacements are awarded is likely to change substantially.

That will be a rather lengthy wait. They fleet he is in, as am I, is currently scheduled for final retirement in 2023 and that number has steadily risen from 2017. It's doubtful the new contract will change the aircraft retirement timeline although the way in which displacements are awarded is likely to change substantially.

I've been thinking of moving to one of the smaller planes anyway. Jet lag is getting harder to deal with. Maybe the Hawker.

What jetlag? I hardly ever leave the country anymore.

Latest resources

Back