• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA announces 1000 applications for pilot positions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you guys are talking about a strike but I am under the impression wages havent even been discussed with the company. Is that because the company doesnt want an agreement unless there is concessions? Basically they arent trying to negotiate? If that is the case then why havent you all voted to strike yet? Just do it, your pay keeps getting eroded by inflation (am I correct in the fact that the payscale doesnt adjust for inflation?).

Seriously, just voting to strike would wake up management. I say you do it OR quit talking about it. 99% of the posts on this message board are about some dude named G-4 scabbing if a strike comes. Is a strike even close to happening? Why talk about it? Vote for it or stop complaining about what if's.

I am just some guy on the outside trying to figure out WTF is going to happen with you all.

Signed,

No one important

We are still in negotiations 2 years worth actually.

G4Dude wants us to negotiate but that position is dramatically discounted when people like him are willing to SCAB. The company has been sending out feelers on who are "like minded" and are doing far more to prepare than they did last time around.

Basically the company has come to play and they are ready. When pilots are weak it bolsters their resolve. When they aren't participating and only choosing which parts of the union they want to be involved with it bolsters their resolve.

They aren't going to give an inch this time around. If you're questionable whether you are going to SCAB or not now, jesus imagine what your thoughts are when you have to make the choice.

Weak dicks, pilots own worst enemy.

Free market is not free in aviation. Management thugs and goons conspire to keep from paying pilots properly. Violate maintenance regulations and rest regulations. At the expense of safety to shave a little more profit.

http://youtu.be/q9Os86ZBkA4

Say what you want about santulli. The safety and service culture we had was built under santulli and our union. Not under the metrics and bean counter regime.

Free market is not free in aviation. Management thugs and goons conspire to keep from paying pilots properly. Violate maintenance regulations and rest regulations. At the expense of safety to shave a little more profit.

http://youtu.be/q9Os86ZBkA4

Say what you want about santulli. The safety and service culture we had was built under santulli and our union. Not under the metrics and bean counter regime.

Oh come on. We are amazingly safe.

you guys are talking about a strike but I am under the impression wages havent even been discussed with the company. Is that because the company doesnt want an agreement unless there is concessions? Basically they arent trying to negotiate? If that is the case then why havent you all voted to strike yet? Just do it, your pay keeps getting eroded by inflation (am I correct in the fact that the payscale doesnt adjust for inflation?).

Seriously, just voting to strike would wake up management. I say you do it OR quit talking about it. 99% of the posts on this message board are about some dude named G-4 scabbing if a strike comes. Is a strike even close to happening? Why talk about it? Vote for it or stop complaining about what if's.

I am just some guy on the outside trying to figure out WTF is going to happen with you all.

Signed,

No one important

The Railway Labor Act, which unfortunately governs this process, is very specific about timelines. Our union can, and certainly will have to, hold a vote to authorize a strike. But we can't just magically wave our hands and-poof-we're on strike. We haven't even gotten a mediator involved. Yet.

Unless pressure is ramped up OUTSIDE the negotiating room, there is ZERO incentive for the company to accelerate the process.

At some point a mediator will be appointed and, in all likelihood, will someday declare an impasse, a cooling off period, and THEN possibly release both sides to self help. But that will take time. UNLESS, Management sees a reason to actually negotiate and get off these Four Steaming Piles. Er, I mean Four Pillars.

The Railway Labor Act, which unfortunately governs this process, is very specific about timelines. Our union can, and certainly will have to, hold a vote to authorize a strike. But we can't just magically wave our hands and-poof-we're on strike. We haven't even gotten a mediator involved. Yet.

Unless pressure is ramped up OUTSIDE the negotiating room, there is ZERO incentive for the company to accelerate the process.

At some point a mediator will be appointed and, in all likelihood, will someday declare an impasse, a cooling off period, and THEN possibly release both sides to self help. But that will take time. UNLESS, Management sees a reason to actually negotiate and get off these Four Steaming Piles. Er, I mean Four Pillars.

Is your name really Albert? :)

Watch the video. I am talking about managements in general, not ours in specific. But note we no longer have the management that built the service and safety. It's all on you now.

Well, I certainly want to change management, bless their little pea picking hearts.

We are still in negotiations 2 years worth actually.

G4Dude wants us to negotiate but that position is dramatically discounted when people like him are willing to SCAB. The company has been sending out feelers on who are "like minded" and are doing far more to prepare than they did last time around.

Basically the company has come to play and they are ready. When pilots are weak it bolsters their resolve. When they aren't participating and only choosing which parts of the union they want to be involved with it bolsters their resolve.

They aren't going to give an inch this time around. If you're questionable whether you are going to SCAB or not now, jesus imagine what your thoughts are when you have to make the choice.

Weak dicks, pilots own worst enemy.

I haven't gotten any feelers. What the HECK are they waiting for? And I doubt the low number of Scabs will make any difference to the company. The intimidation by the hooligans will see to that.

Latest resources

Back