NJ work load

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tri-holer said:
Probably a dumb question. Which one is the u-boat?

And thanks for everyone's information.

It's the nickname for the CE-560 Ultra. Some people also refer to the Encore, the successor to the Ultra, as the E-boat. If you're a history buff, you may recognize that "U-boat" and "E-boat" were nicknames for two of Germany's naval vessels in WW II.

Another funny nickname for the Encore is "the nuclear-powered U-boat".

The last two tours I think I flew a combined 6 legs total.

The rest of the time we sat at the service center. I agree that the busy time of the Ultra has come to pass here at NJA.

We could use a real replacement for the U-Boat ASAP. I could never desribe the U-Boat as the backbone of the company anymore.

I'd say the Excel took that title.

From my experience as an NJA F/O (a job that I love!) I think how much you work "depends". It depends where you are located (i.e. domicile). The domicile guys appear not to get as much overtime whilst HBA guys are usually flown in early and out late, especially those at the more rural stations.

It also seems the company knows which PICs are good workers and which cause trouble. Some PICs I fly with frequently get 12-14 hour days, others get only short days/easy legs because it appears they may have difficulty "working hard". Again, just my opinion but I've noticed a pattern.

Each tour seems to be different. Last tour I flew 4 out of 7 days and 2 days were at the hotel with no positioning. Only one day was greater than 12 hours.

Good luck...its a fun job.

The wagon queen family truckster. You think you hate it now....but wait till you drive it.

The Ultra is the best thing going for guys coming out of the regionals. 1-3 leg/12 hours duty days at the absolute worst. No more 15 hour duties with 6-7 legs with a SCHEDULED reduced rest on day 3 so you can get comp rest the next night at home.

Abbey said:
The wagon queen family truckster. You think you hate it now....but wait till you drive it.

The Ultra is the best thing going for guys coming out of the regionals. 1-3 leg/12 hours duty days at the absolute worst. No more 15 hour duties with 6-7 legs with a SCHEDULED reduced rest on day 3 so you can get comp rest the next night at home.

"Clark, I'll bet you could use a cool one!" My other favorite...."Eddie, if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet, I wouldnt be more suprised." And one more.....

Todd: "Where do yah think your gonna put that Clark?
Clark: "Bend over and I'll show yah."
Todd: "You got some nerve talkin to me like that Clark."
Clark: "I wasnt talking to YOU."

Latest resources

Back