Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tri-holer

Unregistered Ruser
Ok, here's another question for someone in the Netjets system. Just had a JB jumpseater who said he had been at NJ for 4 years and left right when they got a tentative agreement. He said it was a great company but they work you to the bone. He said 14 hour days for 7 days was typical - if you had a 12 hour day, you felt like you had a day off.

Just curious. Is it still like that? I don't mind working hard or long. Just want to know what I am in for. Is that still typical or has it changed post-contract?

thanks.

If you work 7 14's then you are stronger (???) than I. Two is my limit, schedule a third and the fatigue call is coming out, no questions asked though. Unfortunately they still leave it up to the crew to call uncle, if you don't they will keep piling it on.

Like GF says, varies by fleet. Ultra used to get beat up all the time, not so much now. Excel and X are the abused ones now. Guess that is why CERTAIN people are leaving the X for the bigger birds...

I would have to agree, 12 hour days are the norm, at least for me. Coming from 121, its a lotmore work(Im a Lazy AZZ), buts seems to be at least somewhat stable and pays about twice as much as my last job.

Last edited:
fleet workload

Workloads are not equal between fleets. As mentioned earlier, the u-boat used to take it in the azz. Now its more like the XL as the clients have discoverd for a few more beans, the can upgrade to a much nicer cabin, ( doesnt go any faster than the U-boat but can go an hour more) They are covering trips from above and below. The remaining flying X's has been getting hammered more and more as the fleet gets older because more of them are breaking leaving the ones left to carry the load.

I talked to a ck airman on the 680 two tours ago asking how he like the plane. He replied, he may of made a mistake getting into it. Seems the plane can cover ALL trips from other fleets, international, short field, any of them...... and they are doing so ! Also, the plane never breaks ! It has an enormous baggage area and you know who loads and unloads that. Its also a pretty good size cabin and the crew has to keep it in shape also. Although in my fleet, I usually pay the line guys to do it if Im doing right seat stuff.

The 680 may be a great type rating, ( also the X) but not really good working conditons. The large hawkers appear to be the one to go to if you have a choice and that may change when the 4000 gets here....if it ever gets here.
;)

The only place to hide now - if you have the nerve for it - is the Beechjet with all the mechanicals. Like someone else here I have flown as much since the first of the year as all last year. It may be luck of the draw, but a lot more bouncing around among small airports also.

A solid tour of 14/10's seems rather unlikely, in my experience in the 560 fleet. Even when I've had a busy tour, I've not worked that many hours. My last tour did have 5 days which yielded O/T, which was the most 12+ hour days that I've had in sometime. But even then, we usually had 11-12 hours of rest.

And if someone is being pushed too hard, we can call in fatigued for a 14-hour rest period.

Okay gota chime in. The U-boat is the place to be if you want to skate. We are the new VII or 1000. They brake a lot and I don't think they are selling any more cards or shares. My work load had dropped. A LOT!!!

I do plan on going to the Excell at the end of the year. I need a change of scene, the type is worth the pain, I can say "no more" when I am tired unlike some of our bro's. I am also sick of not having a APU.
Oh ya, it pays better.

I'm Beechjet trash and I seem to get only two things; either fly one day of my tour, or I get 5 legs a day at 14 hrs each day for the tour. The good thing is that after all the flying that 14 hr days involve, the jet has had enough and starts to break on you. So you get a day to airline or wait for it to fix.
But even at that, the days don't beat you up like they did in the 121 world.

Probably a dumb question. Which one is the u-boat?

And thanks for everyone's information.

Latest resources

Back