• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Telluride Incident

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone shed any light on the NJ bird that crashed in Telluride sheering off the nose gear?

You're an idiot! You obviously work for one of the failing competitors of Netjets to publish such crap. A nose gear collapse is not a crash.

Don't know why on this one but NJ management and the union have gone to great lengths to keep a lid on it. I called a bud at NJ and he knew nothing about it.

That is standard while any incident is under investigation. Not sure why you expected any differently.

You're an idiot! You obviously work for one of the failing competitors of Netjets to publish such crap. A nose gear collapse is not a crash.

R-E-L-A-X!!!! I'm sick of people getting their manties in a bunch anytime somebody says something that isn't positive about NJ. He wasn't even implying negativity, more of an inquiry.

They always put a lid on every incident.....

I "think" it was an encore......by the tail number anyway.

They've not been successful at keeping the lid on very tight.

Last edited:
Telluride

Heres a pic of the encore..... you can bet the crew did everything possible before the incident.

moz-screenshot.jpg
http://www.telluridenews.com/news/x392058789/Jet-has-rough-landing-into-Telluride

Note TRs are still out, which means they saw it coming but couldnt stop and kept them out.

I flew with one of our FOs last week and they had a brake lock up and the plane turned 90 degrees to the runway before it got stopped....

******************** happens .... deal with it.

Heres a pic of the encore..... you can bet the crew did everything possible before the incident.

moz-screenshot.jpg
http://www.telluridenews.com/news/x392058789/Jet-has-rough-landing-into-Telluride

Note TRs are still out, which means they saw it coming but couldnt stop and kept them out.

I flew with one of our FOs last week and they had a brake lock up and the plane turned 90 degrees to the runway before it got stopped....

******************** happens .... deal with it.

Glad no one was hurt.

I am curious as to why the T/R's being out means they knew it was coming.

Not picking a fight, just curious of the logic in that statement. If I made a normal landing and my nose gear suddenly collapsed, my T/R's would be out too.

If at some point the hydraulics were compromised, he might not have had pressure to close them.

Can you bring the throttles over the cut off gate with the T/R's deployed?

R-E-L-A-X!!!! I'm sick of people getting their manties in a bunch anytime somebody says something that isn't positive about NJ. He wasn't even implying negativity, more of an inquiry.

Although you have to admit, its kinda sad when the media calls it a "rough landing" and someone on a pilot board calls it a "crash".

Shouldnt those positions be reversed?

I am curious as to why the T/R's being out means they knew it was coming.

Ck list calls for them to be idle at 60 kts and stowed at 40kts

Not picking a fight, just curious of the logic in that statement. If I made a normal landing and my nose gear suddenly collapsed, my T/R's would be out too.

If at some point the hydraulics were compromised, he might not have had pressure to close them.

That could be a true statement with the nose gear ripped off, hydraulics could bleed out of that area. But the nose gear would only be gone a very short while before stopping. Unless it came off on initial touchdown, and then it would be somewhat longer and I would think there would be enough reserve fluid to stow them...if they wanted to. But not being a crappy cessna type engineer, dont know. You may be on to something here.

Of course the crew, in all the excitement might of forgot to stow them.... Its pretty exciting to have a nose gear come out from under you...

Normally, the TRs are held in by being overcenter and extended by hyd pressure

Can you bring the throttles over the cut off gate with the T/R's deployed?

Yes...

Latest resources

Back