Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But face this possibility

netjetwife said:
Take a basic look at your job as a frac pilot and compare it to that of a NJ pilot. If you think that belonging to a strong union like 1108 will improve your situation then send in your card and vote for representation. If not, keep the status quo. Yes, it's a fundamental way of looking at things. A belief that it is possible to do something to improve your situation.

PILOTS ARE PROFESSIONALS AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS SUCH

If that's a radical notion, then I'm guilty as charged, and apologize to no one.

Netjetwife:

Would you agree with the possibility there may be another way to improve on these issues without being unionized?

For instance, CS?

Or, is your RUFM up way the ONLY way to achieve better standard of living?

WheresRocky said:
Netjetwife:

Would you agree with the possibility there may be another way to improve on these issues without being unionized?

For instance, CS?

Or, is your RUFM up way the ONLY way to achieve better standard of living?

Every company goes through a maturing cycle. Right now CS is still very much in the honeymoon stage. For the most part troops are happy, expansion is on the horizon, personal gain os put on hold becasue things are moving at a good clip and pay just got better... for some reason.

There WILL come a time when a line is drawn in the sand at CS between the employees and management. There always is a line after the company matures. The Christmas Parties give way to "Winter Gatherings" and X-Mas gifts from the company become used as bribes one year and gone the next.

Maturing employee groups happen at all companies. I assume you work for CS and good for you if you do. Enjoy your time working for a company that is able to satisfy the majority of the employees needs. NJA was also able to do that for many years until the injection of big money and mega growth.

It will happen at CS as well. CS is not some mutant. It is a company with humans as employees. This entire struggle comes down to those with big money and big egos and regular people trying to get by. Unfortunately there are casualties of war caught in the middle, like yourself, that just don't get it yet. It's ok. I can't blame you for ignorance. Your time will come. It always does.

Wow! I never figured that a few simple questions from me while I was looking for some guidance/opinions would evolve/mutate into such a conversation. Is there a lot of this bickering at NJ?

one word: no

Fly High said:
Wow! I never figured that a few simple questions from me while I was looking for some guidance/opinions would evolve/mutate into such a conversation. Is there a lot of this bickering at NJ?

Yes, they griped for years while trying to get a contract. (deservidly so, it sucked over there til the new contract came in) But, they just do it out of habit now I guess. And to Mrs. Netjet, your husband will never be home enough nor will he make enough. Live with it, things could be worse. Who let the wives on anyway, go make your own thread.

Being willing to defend the belief that a strong union makes a big difference hardly constitutes "bickering". The negative posts are not from the NJ side. Our pilots offered to share info.

So, Dog, what would you know about my family life or our finances? The new contract justifies my husband's time away. That's all we had asked for--make it worth it. Although we think his skills are worth 90K now, we have decided the job is worth keeping.

There are pilots in other frac companies that are interested in unionizing. It's logical that the NJ group--pilots and their families--want to offer them encouragement and lend our moral support to a worthy cause.

As this thread was started to ask questions about NJA, it seems that I would know more about the lifestyle there than a pilot from a different company. I have followed the situation closely and I have a lot of insight. Furthermore, my husband makes an excellent resource, but I form my own opinions, as the NJ pilots will tell you...:) Interestingly enough, it was a Flex pilot that asked for my input on unionizing. Those who value well-informed, articulate responses are also willing to debate the issues with me. Those with hidden agendas try to insult me into leaving. I see nothing has changed in my absence.

NJWife,

I am not barking up your tree, nor am I barking up the tree of anyone else. I am just trying to get a grasp on the conversation. I do not know if all who are "bickering" on this thread are from NJ or not. I am learning as I go.

Diesel said:
one word: no

Are you seriously serious by answering the "bickering" question NO? NetJet pilots are notorious for bickering, belly aching, or being crybabies whatever you want to call it. Deisel must be new to this board to say NO. CitationShares didn't have to answer the NetJet pay raise by giving us even more money that NetJets got, but they did...that's what makes CS a premire player player in this fractional thing. Why didn't Flex or Options do the same? They are both good companies with great people but the NetJet TA did not affect them. NetJets may have an agreement for 5 years, which means they crying will start again in 4. CS pay scale will also be re-evaluated in 5 years and we'll still stay one step above NJ. Just the facts of life.

Here's a fact. Check out my number of posts.... but yeah i'm new to this board.

Why is it that fighting for what you want labeled as whining? Oh that's right you must be a company shill that wants to spread the fact that if you whine and complain you are going to turn into a NJ pilot. Look accept the fact that CS keeps a very tight leash on you guys. That's fine.

Do you honestly think that CS raised your pay and it had nothing to do with us getting a raise? Do you honestly think that CS raised your pay because they are good guys? They raised your pay because doing that is a short term fix that will keep a union off property.

I personally don't care if you want a union or not. Why is it that when airline pilots are going through negotiations they are not considered whiners or complainers? Oh that's right they are allowed to upset the apple cart. We fought for a major increase in our quality of life. Bitch, whine, complain. Oh well it got me a nice fat bonus check yesterday.

Diesel said:
We fought for a major increase in our quality of life. Bitch, whine, complain. Oh well it got me a nice fat bonus check yesterday.

Right on, Diesel. And enjoy that bonus check - my wife sure likes the one I got.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back