• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ hiring Slowing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
LoL! Are you kidding? That's a good one, every once in a while I get a chuckle off this board. Thnx!

It actually is true - no newspapers are to be read in the cockpit, regardless of whether or not passengers are onboard or not.

Eyes forward and monitor fuel every 30 minutes...

i guess they should have got their stuff in instead of bitchin about the low pay back in '03.....lol

i feel bad for new hires right now....probly gonna be 7+ years for an upgrade. But at least the pay is better.

So much goes on behind the Flight Deck door in the 121 world... Ipods, Laptops, books, newspapers, bleh bleh bleh

brokeflyer,

i know you fly the space shuttle and everything but from one nja guy to another maybe a little modesty is in order. nja's a great company with a great reputation let's try to keep it that way.

I agree with brokeflyer. The stats I saw at recurrent last month shows growth but the slow down is sim slots and airplanes that have not been built yet. Dont forget, NJA is building a NJA campus at CMH. It will be the biggest flightsafty facility in the world. Dont let the hiring slow down fool you! I was told up to 400 pilots for next year!
However, they said they will interview in august then interview from September on for the 09 year.

lol thats funny...

to educate you, it is because we can't have guys sitting around for 5 months waiting on a sim. More sims = more hiriing.

we have planes sitting with no crews because they can't get them trained fast enough.

OK here's the real scoop. Overheard it in CMH when I was walking down the hall.
DayJet is planning a massive comeback and we need to be lean and mean to keep up.

I agree with brokeflyer. The stats I saw at recurrent last month shows growth but the slow down is sim slots and airplanes that have not been built yet. Dont forget, NJA is building a NJA campus at CMH. It will be the biggest flightsafty facility in the world. Dont let the hiring slow down fool you! I was told up to 400 pilots for next year!
However, they said they will interview in august then interview from September on for the 09 year.

This campus will house and IMMEDIATE 25 sims expandable to ???

I believe that it's existence is KEY to rapid growth beyond 3,000 NJA pilots. JMHO.

What that means to me is that if you want to work for NJA, sure... hiring will continue over the next 3-4 years at a slow pace. But after that center is built, growth will be much quicker.

Latest resources

Back