NJ current hiring into what A/C?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Excel Class

I got the call 1/06/06 @ 0944 CDT and was offered the Excel for a February 20th class...I'm thrilled..good A/C with room and APU...but I don't know why I wasn't offered other A/C and an earlier start date..maybe my interview answers made them decide the Excel for me? I have a CE-500 and a DA2000 type...
Been unemployed for 2 months...doing contract flying...will be glad to get back to some semblance of security

d91papa said:
I got the call 1/06/06 @ 0944 CDT and was offered the Excel for a February 20th class...I'm thrilled..good A/C with room and APU...but I don't know why I wasn't offered other A/C and an earlier start date..maybe my interview answers made them decide the Excel for me? I have a CE-500 and a DA2000 type...
Been unemployed for 2 months...doing contract flying...will be glad to get back to some semblance of security

I've heard the Excel is a great aircraft to fly. I know NJA also operates the XLS. Are newhire Excel pilots trained on the XLS as well from the beginning? I would think so. I also hear it is a busy fleet given that it and the X are very popular among owners. Good job!

Excel/XLS

My understanding is that Excel pilots fly both the Excel and XLS at NJA and that there is overide pay ($300 month for Capts, $225 for SIC) for being 'dual qualified' although I think it's a not too complex differences training....My previous corporate job was looking hard at buying an XLS so I had done some research on it and believe Cessna has done a good job with the Excel...selling alot of them!

I work directly witht the new hires here and can tell you the company in the last 2 months has hired into the 400XP, Ultra, XL, 750, 800XP H&C, G200 and FAlcon... or pretty much everything.

I don't expect that to change much in the next year due to aircraft deliveries and the upgrade shuffle which will surely open many SIC seats in bigger aircraft.

I have not heard anyone state there would be no NHs in the Ultra this year. We're not getting Ultras delivered now, so the fleet will not grow like other fleets will this year. With that in mind, New Hire Ultra placement will be mostly due to SIC upgrades.

Good Luck... Look forward to working with you!

Latest resources

Back