NJ current hiring into what A/C?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mainiac

Anyone know what A/C the current pool of NJ new hires will be training in? I heard from a friend there that the Ultra classes are winding down, and that new hire F/O's are going into the X and the Falcon2000. Any truth to this? Also, any feedback on training date after interview/hiring process, how long between them? And, delays for IOE after training, I hear it's very backed up right now?
Thanks

I just interviewed yesterday and was called this afternoon for a January 16 class in the Hawker 400XP. It sounded like they needed to fill the 400 for a while.

tk855 said:
I just interviewed yesterday and was called this afternoon for a January 16 class in the Hawker 400XP. It sounded like they needed to fill the 400 for a while.

Good job! Can you tell us which of the 5 domiciles they are assigning newhires to? Did they give you a choice or offer you a specific domicile?

I read that they already had both Citation X and F2000 classes set for January. I have heard that the 400XP is a good fleet to be on, but, if I had a choice I'd pick the F2000 - it would be nice to have a flight attendant...

Heavy Set said:
Good job! Can you tell us which of the 5 domiciles they are assigning newhires to? Did they give you a choice or offer you a specific domicile?

They aren't assigning newhires to any domicile. On the night before our interview, during the tour Derinda informed us that if we were successful in the interview we would all be awarded our first choice of domicile. I later asked her if that would continue and her reply was it should continue for the next year or more! She made it sound like they won't be "forcing" domiciles on any newhire anytime soon, it will be your choice.

The 400 was the soonest class they offered me, and I didn't even ask for anything else. Seniority is everything, especially at NJA. Good luck to all.

I was told at FSI recurrent in December that CMH FSI would be dedicated to new hires in the CE 750 program. Recurrent will be held in TOL or MCO for the next year at least. Lots of bypass FO's are bidding anything they can hold, so based upon this info, there will be a variety of types. We just had a whole bunch of capt slots come out in standing bids. At this rate, upgrade won't be as long as some of the critics believe.

mainiac said:
And, delays for IOE after training, I hear it's very backed up right now?
Thanks

Some fleets are worse than others from what I hear. I do know that I've got a friend who's been waiting for around 3 months to start F/O IOE on the Ultra. Part of the problem is lack of IOE instructors and another facet is that captain upgrades get priority on IOE over new F/O's. I recently upgraded and I only sat at home for one tour before I started IOE. On the other hand, earlier this year, I had another friend who completed F/O IOE one tour before he headed back for recurrent in the sim.

Thanks for all the info, looking forward to my interview!

Latest resources

Back