• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Contract ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yo Diesel, it IS about the money. I'm on the 17 day, and I have no complaints. None. You can nit pick a thousand things wrong with the current contract. United/American/Delta pilots complain about their contract (pre 9/11) all the time. Pilots will never be happy until they make 300k a year and fly 1 day a month. Do you actually think for one second, that 3 years from now, you're not going to be complaining about the new contract.

I did not vote for the slate, but I will support them, as I am not a management cronie. Management will never know my true feelings about the MEC. If we are released to "self help" after arbitration, then I will certainly be supporting our fellow 184 brothers and sisters.

I am frustrated with the pace, and Gunfyter's comments about "2005" didn't help. Sorry, Gunfyter, but you practically made my cry!

I still stand by my initial stand. SHOW ME THE MONEY. Leave the contract the way it is!

My 2 cents (cause it's all I got!)

Looks like they'll need to fix the sales problem before anyone gets the big raise - from today's speednews:

BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY Flight Services (NetJets/FlightSafety Intl.) lost $8m on $548m revenues in 1Q03 vs $30m profit on $655m in 1Q02. NetJets revenue from flight operations rose 15.7% (aircraft sales fell 53%); FSI revenue fell 5.4%

I'm with Diesel on this one. It is about MORE THAN MONEY!
The work rules have a lot of room for improvement. And as for moving to a gateway just because management does not want to give up FFH. Sorry, not going to happen.
So for me when I open up the contract to read it and IF there are a few other important things missing (FFH, retro, schedule), I am going to put my NO vote on it mail it in and then read the rest.

Beytzim, there are a lot of guys out there that are looking for FFH. If it is not there I can assure you that they are all voting NO even if the pay IS there. Quality of life is equally as important.
And BTW your gateway is NOT a given. RTS can shut you down anytime he wants with 120 days notice. And don't think this can't happen. So the "I have mine, you get yours" attitude that I sometimes hear on the road has got to go!

Now I am going to go enjoy my days off.

Later.

I'm on board

I wear the pin,

I display the bag tags,

I report in "On board",

I work 2 jobs,

I wait,

Good points on all sides.

Time will tell.

The phone just rang, now I go.

beytzim said:
It is interesting how all the others parts of Netjets, like EJM and NJI have the pay and schedule we so desparetly want - yet they don't have a union.

EJM may have the pay and schedule you so desperately want, but there are about 40 fewer of us than there were a week ago.

BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY Flight Services (NetJets/FlightSafety Intl.) lost $8m on $548m revenues in 1Q03 vs $30m profit on $655m in 1Q02. NetJets revenue from flight operations rose 15.7% (aircraft sales fell 53%); FSI revenue fell 5.4%

Isn't it funny how every company becomes really poor and starts loosing mass amounts of money as soon as the contract reaches the compensation section.

hum....

Last edited:
Just got back from company recurrent friday night. During the Chief Pilot propaganda phase he said we would have something to vote on by the end of the year. Went to the Union meeting weds night and they said by first quarter of 04. Hmmmm. According to the MEC, mediation is right around the corner.

"It is interesting how all the others parts of Netjets, like EJM and NJI have the pay and schedule we so desparetly want - yet they don't have a union."

Hahaha....pay and schedule?? Try no schedule and no raises regardless of our crew shrinking from 4 pilots with soft days off to 2 pilots with no days off...that's 7 days a week fellas...EJM is a tough place to be right now...I can't even schedule a haircut without the fear of the cell phone ringing with a charter trip...the plane is in maintenance, so one might think he has time to breathe......WRONG....it gets pulled out of maintenance early for a charter trip....

I'm not EJM bashing, they are making the moves they need to in this economy, however, this kind of lifestyle is going to burn out a lot of guys... myself included...Then where is EJM going to be??just telling the truth MB

Latest resources

Back