• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Competitive Mins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah - couple of 60+ guys with more experience than I will ever have. Interesting guys to talk to too. I think the breakdown in my interview group had three regional FOs (2 displaced Captains and me), 2 135 guys with several types, 2 retired Delta 76 Captains, one ATA FO (displaced Captain), and one current NWA FO.

When Midway went T/U, NJA actually flew hiring staff up to N.C. and did a cattle-call "come on in, the water's fine thing" for most of the Midway pilots. Many of them climbed on board, many didn't. It'll be interesting to see if they repeat that offer to the I - pilots. Good luck to everyone headed for, or still on the streets right now.

ultrarunner said:
What's NJA/NJI hiring projections over the next 12 to 24 months?

From what I heard in recurrent a few weeks ago, 350 at NJA in 2006, but another source around the same time said 500 for '06. So how about saying, "350-500" for next year.

I don't know about NJI. If the TA is ratified at NJA, some of the NJI openings will go to NJA pilots, so that could slightly affect their hiring numbers from the outside.

On Your Six said:
Any idea about which aircraft fleet you got? I know there are some Ultra classes but also a potential X class.

So far looks like the Ultra, it would be great to get the 560XL, 750 or the DA-2000, but I'm not going to be picky, I'm just glad to have class date.

Guitar Guy, thanks for the info on the HBA.

Guitar Guy said:
From what I heard in recurrent a few weeks ago, 350 at NJA in 2006, but another source around the same time said 500 for '06. So how about saying, "350-500" for next year.

I don't know about NJI. If the TA is ratified at NJA, some of the NJI openings will go to NJA pilots, so that could slightly affect their hiring numbers from the outside.

In this business, I no longer believe that management has very much control over how many are trained nor how many they think they want to train. There is a huge hiring light switch. It turns on and off. That is all the complexity that management is capable off.

The recruiters are busy jumping, dodging, weaving and bobbing to keep up with the endless stream of requirements, numbers and quotas. They do a great job.

NJA is hiring... alot. Most likely the determining factor in how many hired is NOT the hiring process but the training process.

There are MANY inefficiencies that currently exist in the process but maybe that explains the 30 or so Instructor Pilot, Check Airmen and Line Check Airmen positions annoucned yesterday.

Here is the process in a nutshell.

1. Interview

2. Hired

3. Indoc or Vendor Type Ground/Flight Sim Training

4. Vendor Type Ground/Flight Sim Training or Indoc

5. Company Airplane Ground

6. Company Airplane Flight Training

7. Company Airplane Checkride

8. IOE

Then it's been about 6 months anyway and you come back for Recurrent Training. PICs come back every 6 months and NJA tries to bring F/O's back every 6 as well.

And it's just that simple. This is the process that dictates the speed at which hiring occurs. It's a long process but you know your bird pretty well when it's done.

NJA bound said:
So far looks like the Ultra, it would be great to get the 560XL, 750 or the DA-2000, but I'm not going to be picky, I'm just glad to have class date.

Guitar Guy, thanks for the info on the HBA.

If you're gonna be an F/O for a while I'd go to the Falcon or the X first, in that order.

The XL would be my third and the Ultra would be last.

Of course when you upgrade it will most likely be into the Ultra but it ain't no thing to learn the U Boat. It's like a go cart with wings. Wind it up and ride it around.

Latest resources

Back