NJ Competitive Mins?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

172driver

Anyone know what kind of times are competitive since news of the TA has been released? I know there's a flood of apps right now because people are trying to get the home basing. I assume that has brought the competitive mins up temporarily? I would also guess they will stay up somewhat, due to the much improved TA.

What kind of times are being interviewed now and what do you expect in the near future, after the HB is gone for new hires? Any idea which domiciles they're going to hire into or if the applicants will have any say as to where they get based?

Nice job with the TA. I understand how tough it was for all of you the last few years. Thanks from a frustrated 121 guy looking to escape to a better place.

I interviewed last week and I don't think that anyone there had less than 4000 hours.
Now if someone can clear this up, I start indoc on the 14th of Nov, prior to the TA vote, will I be able to use home basing or not? Is the 30% seniority HBA rule only for the guys that come on after the TA is ratified?

Last edited:
NJA Bound......I would call someone at NetJets and ask if you will be on the payroll on your first day of indoc....I believe you will be. Looks like you made it in under the wire.....part of the Last Class.

NJA bound said:
I interviewed last week and I don't think that anyone there had less than 4000 hours.
Now if someone can clear this up, I start indoc on the 14th of Nov, prior to the TA vote, will I be able to use home basing or not? Is the 30% seniority HBA rule only for the guys that come on after the TA is ratified?

Any idea about which aircraft fleet you got? I know there are some Ultra classes but also a potential X class.

NJA bound said:

Welcome aboard, NJA bound. To answer your questions, yes, you will be on the seniority list the day you start indoc. As a result, you will indeed be part of the grandfathered group with rights to HBA. Grandfathered pilots only lose rights to HBA if they accept moving expense reimbursement from the company to move to a gateway.

The 30% threshold will affect pilots added to the seniority list after ratification. The vote count is scheduled to start on November 21.

To add to Gunfyter's post, I think that the recent flood of resumes at NJA is due to the TA, especially the HBA program. Once it becomes obvious that the deadline to get into HBA has passed, the flood of applications will greatly diminish. At that point, anyone at the stated minimums with a willingness to be put at CMH, PBI, TEB, DAL or LAX will be "competitive".

When I interviewed last week I was the lowest time at 3600 but I had several internal recs which I suspect greatly helped me in getting an interview. There were several 20000 (not a typo) plus hour guys - I think everyone else that I interviewed with had at least 4000-5000 but I would tend to agree that after that TA closes if you have the published mins and are willing to live in one of the 5 new cities then you can probably get an interview.

Sadly, I think it's unfortunately some retired airline guys who have seen their retirements severely impaired through bankruptcies and concessionary contracts.

Latest resources

Back