• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Citation X vs. Excel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
.Given that Netjets has 100 domiciles, you could even live out in LA for 6 months and the transfer back to where you are now if you want. I think all you need is 30 days notice on a move to another domicile - you can skip around and check out as many as you like. You could winter in LA or Florida and then summer in Cape Cod (BOS domicile) every year. 100 domiciles provides some great flexibility...

Were it not for the wife and child I might do just that. Alas I am young but already settled down. Oh well.

I start X training on May 4th. I'm 29 and feel like I'm going to be up to the longer legs at least for a little while. I also have not done much west coast flying at all or Intl. and I am really looking forward to broadening those horizons. Also, my 23 year old little sis just moved to LA in Jan. to pursue an acting career and I think I will have more of a chance to see her with all of the TEB-VNY trips. My question for you X drivers, do you do many overnights in LA?

I'm sure I'll get tired of the X by the end of the 36 months, but the type rating is a great one to have and I am looking forward to the challenge.

I can see why some of you older fogeys are looking to get into the EP or XLS. It makes sense. I'll probably be right there with you as I get older.

For now, I feel the need for speed!!

When did you interview, when did you get the call, and what planes/dates did they offer you? Thanks!

When did you interview, when did you get the call, and what planes/dates did they offer you? Thanks!

Interviewed Feb 26-27. Got the call from Linda on March 7th. She offered me the X and the 800 XP-C. I took the X. April 7th class date for Indoc, May 5th class date for X training. Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Interviewed Feb 26-27. Got the call from Linda on March 7th. She offered me the X and the 800 XP-C. I took the X. April 7th class date for Indoc, May 5th class date for X training. Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Thanks Fly. We are both wondering about calls and classes. I interviewed the week of mar 4th and still haven't heard anything. Still no letter and no call. I know they are backed up a bit, but thanks for the info!! Good luck and congrats.

I've been flying the line in the X for about 4.5 months now and I haven't found it to be too bad so far (knock on wood). There has certainly been a few rough days, TEB-LAS-LGA a couple tours back comes to mind. Also did one long late night trip, PHL-BIL(fuel stop)-ANC. Although they left us in Anchorage for 2 days to pick up another trip which was nice. Also made it to Honolulu on one tour but it sucked bad (11 hr turn).

I'm based in PHL and most of my trips have been a day one limo to either TEB or HPN (very nice I might add - no airlines!) and a transcon, followed by lots of flying around the west coast and then airlining home from out west somewhere.

My tour that just ended I spent the last 3 on reserve duty at the hotel in PIT. My Captain went home and I guess they had nothing else for me to do.

As others have said, anything above 3 hours in the X starts to get a little uncomfortable. I get up frequently to stretch the legs.

Having said all this I will likely bid something that has shorter legs and will give me higher relative seniority when my seat lock is up, maybe even a non-APU plane (I know...crazy talk!).

The only advice I have is don't bid the X thinking you will be sunning in Hawaii or heading over to Europe every tour, because those trips are relatively rare, unless you're an A-teamer of course ;).

The 400XP is a good choice if you don't care about building time and like semi-retirement.

I've spent 45 days on duty since December and have about 60 hours to show for it. Last tour was unusually productive, I managed to get just over 11 hours in 7 days! :rolleyes:

Don't bid the jet unless you're good at keeping yourself occupied for countless hours spend on standby at FBO's and Hotels.

AirBear

Welcome aboard and good luck in the X. I personally would have been real tempted by the 800, especially the Collins. That is one nice plane.

UG, it's not what you said but who you said it to.

Question for NJ guys. Which fleets are growing and which are declining and how fast? It would seem that a new hire in a growing fleet would gain seniority in seat much faster that in a shrinking fleet. Anyone have thoughts on that theory? Also, does someone know the delivery and retirement schedules for the next year or so? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back