• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Citation X vs. Excel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Question for NJ guys. Which fleets are growing and which are declining and how fast? It would seem that a new hire in a growing fleet would gain seniority in seat much faster that in a shrinking fleet. Anyone have thoughts on that theory? Also, does someone know the delivery and retirement schedules for the next year or so? Thanks.

The Ultras are going away but I don't know the rate. The Encore+'s are coming at the rate of one per month for the next 3-4 years. XLS+ deliveries start late summer or early fall. I believe that we get a few more X's in the next year or so but we retire a few, so that may about a wash for a while although I believe we start some net gains in the X in a few years. Also, the Sovereign fleet is growing. I believe the Falcon fleet will be growing once the 2000LX is certified and Dassault starts deliveries.

Your question about seniority in a shrinking fleet is interesting. Most likely, you wouldn't gain much seniority in something like the Ultra. That said, U-boat pilots are bailing for other fleets and/or upgrade, so depending on the rate at which that happens vs. the rate at which airframes are sold off, the company could have to hire. Plus if one stays in the Ultra long enough, that person might get to experience a displacement bid.

I think, though, that getting into a larger aircraft (like the G200 or maybe the Sovereign or X) may not be a place to gain relative seniority either. With the long wait to upgrade, a number of existing SIC's are bidding to the bigger planes. So if someone got into one of those soon, that person might find himself stuck at the bottom of the list in that fleet.

My guess is that if a new-hire wanted to accrue relative seniority quickly for vacation and schedule bidding, then the XL/XLS, Encore+ and maybe the 800/900XP (Collins) might be the fleets to do that in. The XLS+ would be another fleet in that mix, but I don't know when they'll offer that to new-hires - that may not occur until next year.

Last edited:
Better to just not acknowledge statements like that. If you acknowledge it then you will get more - just brush it off... Everyone on these boards needs thicker skin.

Yeah, I'm just sayin' too. Knock it off. If you knew my family and my sister you would realize how not funny it is.

Exactly. Thank you.
You're right. I didn't realize I was interacting with the one person in the country with absolutely no sense of humor. :rolleyes: Must have struck a nerve.

Guitar Guy posted:

The Ultras are going away but I don't know the rate. The Encore+'s are coming at the rate of one per month for the next 3-4 years.

GG,
We have 58 U-boats on property as of 1Mar. It may be a smaller number now. The target for the end of this year is 40-48. We're trading in 3 Ultra's for every 1 Encore + that comes. I'm not sure if that number includes the ones that are hitting the open market for resale.

I know some are going out to LNK to go under the knife for parts then the guillotine.

That being said, I don't think they are even hiring into the U-boats anymore. If you are already here and looking for an upgrade, it would be a good fleet to do that. With the Ultra's going away, I think I'll wait and get displaced.

We are the lazy mans fleet now for sure! ;)

That being said, I don't think they are even hiring into the U-boats anymore.

The 3-13-08 seniority list shows a new-hire in the CE-560 (not the "E" or "EP") fleet with a seniority date of 3-3-08, so apparently a tiny bit of attrition hiring is happening. He'll be locked until June 2011 unless somehow the Ultras all are gone by then.

If you are already here and looking for an upgrade, it would be a good fleet to do that. With the Ultra's going away, I think I'll wait and get displaced.

I've already upgraded but if I hadn't and I was in the Ultra fleet, I think I'd also wait for the displacement bid. It might be very interesting.

We are the lazy mans fleet now for sure! ;)

That seems to be the case with what I hear from a friend in the U-boat fleet.

You're right. I didn't realize I was interacting with the one person in the country with absolutely no sense of humor. :rolleyes: Must have struck a nerve.

Nah, no big deal man. I've got a great since of humor and have been known to crack on my buddies sister's quite a bit. She's the only sister I've got though and is quite vulnerable to corruption so the nerve you struck had to do with my fear of exactly that happening after she moved to LA.

No hard feelings.

Latest resources

Back