• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ Citation X vs. Excel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just finished my first week of ioe on the XL and had a blast. I flew the XLS all week and went coast to coast with a bunch in between. Nothing longer than a 3.5 hr flight and a good mixture of 1-2 hr range. I have 6 days off and i look forward to going back out on the next tour. You wont find many gigs out there where you actually look forward to going to work.

you mean you didn't look forward to overnighting in kabul? I heard they have great Amenities at the tent hilton kabul. I still would have took my chances overnighting in the 747 that that crap you delt with..

It sounds good to me. The thought of saying "yes sir, we can do that" instead of constantly saying "sorry" is going to be a nice difference from my last job. Yes, I know, load bags, clean cabin, yes sir no sir 3 bags full. I've been FO and Capt, I can do either. Lots of new airports to see and these planes look like Indy racers compared to the 18wheelers I've been flying. Throw me in that briar patch.

you mean you didn't look forward to overnighting in kabul? I heard they have great Amenities at the tent hilton kabul. I still would have took my chances overnighting in the 747 that that crap you delt with..
Ahh yes.. the old hotel bagram. Those were the days. One day your dodging missiles from the taliban and the next your sitting poolside at the boca raton hilton. I think i made the right choice! Looks like that scumbag ornstain is gonna run aloha out of business in 10 days. You better hope you get the call next week or your gonna be junior assigned to the islands with the rest of the 900 fleet..ouch!:uzi:

Ahh yes.. the old hotel bagram. Those were the days. One day your dodging missiles from the taliban and the next your sitting poolside at the boca raton hilton. I think i made the right choice! Looks like that scumbag ornstain is gonna run aloha out of business in 10 days. You better hope you get the call next week or your gonna be junior assigned to the islands with the rest of the 900 fleet..ouch!:uzi:

If netjets doesn't call next week, Im getting out... Might go into the fast food industry. Can you write me another lor? I need out. I am so done with this place! Enjoy the time off and the waves you sob.

To clarify, I live just south of Atlanta and, with one in college and one in high school, not likely to move. I've done lots of different types of flying over the years, but never in bizjets. Talking to friends, I think it will be an interesting way to finish my career. Looking forward to it.
Hey man.. i Live in atl too.... you get the job?

I start X training on May 4th. I'm 29 and feel like I'm going to be up to the longer legs at least for a little while. I also have not done much west coast flying at all or Intl. and I am really looking forward to broadening those horizons. Also, my 23 year old little sis just moved to LA in Jan. to pursue an acting career and I think I will have more of a chance to see her with all of the TEB-VNY trips. My question for you X drivers, do you do many overnights in LA?

I'm sure I'll get tired of the X by the end of the 36 months, but the type rating is a great one to have and I am looking forward to the challenge.

I can see why some of you older fogeys are looking to get into the EP or XLS. It makes sense. I'll probably be right there with you as I get older.

For now, I feel the need for speed!!

I start X training on May 4th. I'm 29 and feel like I'm going to be up to the longer legs at least for a little while. I also have not done much west coast flying at all or Intl. and I am really looking forward to broadening those horizons. Also, my 23 year old little sis just moved to LA in Jan. to pursue an acting career and I think I will have more of a chance to see her with all of the TEB-VNY trips. My question for you X drivers, do you do many overnights in LA?

I'm sure I'll get tired of the X by the end of the 36 months, but the type rating is a great one to have and I am looking forward to the challenge.

I can see why some of you older fogeys are looking to get into the EP or XLS. It makes sense. I'll probably be right there with you as I get older.

For now, I feel the need for speed!!

Good for you. I would want to start in the X as well -you might as well get the X out of the way while you are young and able to fit in the tight cockpit. :laugh: With 4 meals provided every day you might not be able to fit after a few years...

I am sure you will get many LA-area overnights (VNY, SMO, SNA, LAX, ONT, etc.). Given that Netjets has 100 domiciles, you could even live out in LA for 6 months and the transfer back to where you are now if you want. I think all you need is 30 days notice on a move to another domicile - you can skip around and check out as many as you like. You could winter in LA or Florida and then summer in Cape Cod (BOS domicile) every year. 100 domiciles provides some great flexibility...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back