• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJ App Acceptance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Same here. Downloaded app without flight time worksheet, handwritten, sent in about Dec 12th. Recieved app accepted e-mail today. Excited but patiently waiting.

Excellent way of putting it Sioux. Same here....
Anyway, back to those NDB holds - just remember all bearings are TO the station - then dig out the old thumb and start turning!

Is that part of the sim ride? I shoot NDB's every now and then, but a hold too? Come on, like your ever gonna use that at NJ.

Probably more often than you care to realize. There are many airports in Canada and Latin America that don't have and ILS, VOR or GPS so you are left with an NDB and sometimes the ILS is just OTS. I too have had an FMS failure leaving me with only the NDB for an airport. NDB navigation is an invaluable skill to have and one that we should never forget. If you can keep your SA with an NDB then you stand a pretty good chance of understanding everything else much better. If they don't change the sim ride then the hold is an NDB hold on the LOC. Pretty easy.

ndbs are still part of our non-sched curriculum too,they are still out there and you never know.

I personally think all sim rides are a waste of time on interviews. We all know an ace can have a crap day in the sim and a Sh## bag can have the best sim ride of his life. If people truly have the type of experience they claim to have when called for these interviews there is no reason to do a sim eval. But thats life.

Must be one of those days, as I was reading the replies to this thread this morning I got the e-mail. Its going to be a good weekend.

Thanks

Latest resources

Back