Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For now!
PBR

I know. I'm just waiting for the axe to fall. At least I can savor it now, as long as I can. What some people dont know is that Chautauqua is an Indian word named for the region where the company was founded in Jamestown, NY just outside of Erie, PA and Buffalo, NY. Back in 1973 they codeshared exclusively for USAir as Allegheny Commuter in Beech 99's (No SJS there). It wasn't until the mid to late 90's when the Major pilots allowed regional jets to be flown by regionals that Chautauqua gathered up a few more codeshares.

Hopefully a RAH plane screws you out of your mainline job someday!

Your chances at your "so called" mainline job went down the day mainline pilots allowed regional jets at the regional level. The cat is out of the bag, so it matters very little what RAH does, as there are several others standing in line to take their place.

Your chances at your "so called" mainline job went down the day mainline pilots allowed regional jets at the regional level. The cat is out of the bag, so it matters very little what RAH does, as there are several others standing in line to take their place.

I disagree. I think we'll see a little more outsourcing of routes as companies right-size platforms to routes and their load demands. Let's face it, some routes served by 73s and the smaller busses are better served by the erjs, crjs, and dashes. However, I believe we've seen the end of the line in terms of size of aircraft regional operators will fly for their codeshare partners. I think that the mainline pilots understand how crucial this issue is to those who will follow and to their own income potential, and will prevent a further expansion in size of regional aircraft. Age 65 and the slowing econmy have cooled things down but the majors will hire again.

I disagree. I think we'll see a little more outsourcing of routes as companies right-size platforms to routes and their load demands. Let's face it, some routes served by 73s and the smaller busses are better served by the erjs, crjs, and dashes. However, I believe we've seen the end of the line in terms of size of aircraft regional operators will fly for their codeshare partners. I think that the mainline pilots understand how crucial this issue is to those who will follow and to their own income potential, and will prevent a further expansion in size of regional aircraft. Age 65 and the slowing econmy have cooled things down but the majors will hire again.

I think you will see some routes go back to mainline and some go to regionals. Nothing new here as they change due to market needs.

I never said the majors would not hire again, but don't blame one regional for decisions that were made a long time ago by major airlines.

I think you will see some routes go back to mainline and some go to regionals. Nothing new here as they change due to market needs.

I never said the majors would not hire again, but don't blame one regional for decisions that were made a long time ago by major airlines.

Whoops, I reread your post and misrepresented what you were saying, sorry. I do agree with your sentiment regarding blaming RAH, that cat was released from the proverbial hat a long time ago. Don't hate RAH because they're doing well at the moment, as I said earlier that's just the nature of the regionals. Our decline or demise will surely come as another's star rises.

To the Midwest mainline pilots it matters very much what RAH does.

Latest resources

Back