• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nice job RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To all the kids at home reading these boards and dreaming of flying for the airlines, know that nerjdriver is the exception and not the rule and you won't have to share a cockpit with too many like him.

Yea you got me. I come on here for a scholarly discussion of the airlines. M@r@n.

Well, this is just my observation, but if that type of discussion is what you are looking for, do you think you will find it carrying on like this? Raise the bar.

Oh yea...TH sucks! ;)

Im on on FI for that .......... its just not that kind of place.

Well, this is just my observation, but if that type of discussion is what you are looking for, do you think you will find it carrying on like this? Raise the bar.

Oh yea...TH sucks! ;)

I suspect that nerjdriver went straight from college to flight instructing to expressjet. Not much real life experience or many opportunities to learn a little humility and gain an appreciation for this wonderful job we have. It will probably be sometime before he has the maturity to raise the bar.

Last edited:
Yea ok Copernicus. Wikipedia is awesome isn't it. Since your the flightinfo scholar why dont you tell me a little about the airline's youve listed...and why they are on that list ... and how each one has a common theme. Do you teach at Riddle?

BTW XJT is still in business......your jealous I know. Du%bA$$

Well I gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed you went to college. Did you write any papers while you were there?

We're straying WAY off point.

This post is about the destruction of a first-class operation by the bunker-mentality of TH. He is the only reason for the current state of "Milwaukee's Hometown Airline." He has always operated in his own best interest. Heck, his wife got the contract for those reheated onboard cookies.

I was at SYX when the CRJs appeared. That was fun. There were some very unprofessional people on both sides. Most realized that it wasn't the fault of us "worker bees." Our queen :), TH, had that honor. That remains true today.

Stay focused, folks.

Yea ok Copernicus. Wikipedia is awesome isn't it. Since your the flightinfo scholar why dont you tell me a little about the airline's youve listed...and why they are on that list ... and how each one has a common theme. Do you teach at Riddle?

BTW XJT is still in business......your jealous I know. Du%bA$$

I didn't look at Wikipedia. I have an affection for airline history. They all were regionals that came and went, just like you were talking about. They all fed legacies at some point. You might pay special attention to Rocky Mountain Air, Britt, PBA, and Bar Harbor. They all became Continental Express and thus became ExpressJet. I was at ExpressJet for a year and a half. Now I'm at Chautauqua. It's the same stuff, different airline, +/- a few bucks an hour. While XJT has cancellation pay which they are so proud of, they also have Junior Manning, which we at Chautauqua don't. I've been junior manned at XJT but never at CHQ. You guys need Cancellation pay at XJT because you fly in and out of EWR. We hardly touch EWR and the closest we come based in the NYC area is LGA and it's just a small base. I didn't even attend Riddle, not after I applied, was accepted and saw the price they wanted. Yikes! I know XJT is still in business. I hope they don't go out of business. It was my sick little joke to ruffle your feathers and it worked. I enjoyed my time there and I wish the best for them.

I agree that pilots shouldn't be blamed for their misguided management. However, when somebody takes a job flying an E-170 because it is a "cool" airplane, they are directly affecting this industry. There are other regionals that pay more to fly real "regional" aircraft. (If there is such a thing anymore)

I'm not just bashing Republic but also Mesaba. Who thinks that making $35/hr after 5 years as an F/O on a -900 is worth it?! And we are all wondering why Mesaba is primed for growth....We're our own worst enemy people!

Latest resources

Back