• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nice job RAH

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the Midwest mainline pilots it matters very much what RAH does.

You and the MEH pilots are going to feel like a$$holes when they get put on the list at the new Delta. They are kicking and screaming like spoiled children. The fact of the matter is, they don't know what's going to happen until the dust settles with this merger.

You and the MEH pilots are going to feel like a$$holes when they get put on the list at the new Delta. They are kicking and screaming like spoiled children. The fact of the matter is, they don't know what's going to happen until the dust settles with this merger.

Pretty heartless on your part, don't you think!

I can't believe this comment from someone who has no idea what will happen with the merger (as most of us don't). NWA doesn't control Midwest- they own a large portion of the company. The new joint contract gives Delta leeway on disposing of the stake in Midwest- they don't have to integrate the Midwest pilots and have a time extension to dispose of NWA's stake in Midwest.

Say what you want, but you would be 'kicking and screaming like spoiled children' if your job was outsourced and you were facing eviction, forclosure, etc. Have a bit of sympathy and mellow out.

Pretty heartless on your part, don't you think!

I can't believe this comment from someone who has no idea what will happen with the merger (as most of us don't). NWA doesn't control Midwest- they own a large portion of the company. The new joint contract gives Delta leeway on disposing of the stake in Midwest- they don't have to integrate the Midwest pilots and have a time extension to dispose of NWA's stake in Midwest.

Say what you want, but you would be 'kicking and screaming like spoiled children' if your job was outsourced and you were facing eviction, forclosure, etc. Have a bit of sympathy and mellow out.

There are a lot of people on the street so as far as I'm concerned we are all one step away from eviction, forclosure, etc. My point was, this airline was one step away from not existing so they would be so lucky to have a shot at being merged onto the Delta list. In any case, it is what it is. We loaned them money and signed a codeshare agreement until they could take over the planes. They can figure out the payment of their pilots on their end. I just don't like the fact that we are considered the bad guys when they have the support of our pilot group. I hope they don't go on the street, I think that you misunderstood me or I didn't complete my thoughts clearly enough on my post.

If I see or hear the word "rightsizing" one more time, I'm going to puke! It's a friggin corporate bean counter PC euphemism for "downsizing". Let's call it what it is.

My point was, this airline was one step away from not existing so they would be so lucky to have a shot at being merged onto the Delta list.

That won't happen. There's no incentive to merge Midwest in, mainly due to Delta having more than enough equipment already to cover what little MEH AND RAH do. Also, 12,500 pilots won't let 400 in. Harsh reality. I can't believe people keep bagging on RAH pilots for this. No full-service airline this size exists anymore. To think RAH pilots are taking mainline jobs is absurd. This business model was dead in 2002, how it even lasted this long is just short of a miracle. Now it just exists long enough to get gutted for Delta and TPG's gain. Nobody else.

To the Midwest mainline pilots it matters very much what RAH does.

When the PID brought by the Comair/ASA pilots in 2000 was shot down by Delta dba ALPA, the Midwest pilots were very, very quiet. They were, after all, big airplane drivers who wanted so much to identify with the mainliners.

With that foolish, anti-union act, ALPA sent an unmistakable signal to management that alter egos were permissable. That was it. We were all thrown under the bus by our own union.

Many of you still don't get it and want to blame Republic pilots. ALPA is complicit with managment in creating alter egos.

Latest resources

Back