• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Next Pinnacle realignment.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Basically that seat locks go away, classes don't have to start for up to 9 months, we get some things that we want.... The company gets to save about $5M.
From Feb 18 to Sept 22 for concessions to pass. 7 months. Not bad. My bet was at 6 months.

Last edited:
higney, are you saying that the quota's are going away?

Completely un-related. An LOA is a letter of agreement between the union and airline management, as allowed by the JCBA, and becomes amended to the JCBA, our pilot contract. Quotas were not installed by management or pilots, it was installed by Bloch's binding arbitration award. We do not have a LOA from Bloch, although we are waiting to hear about clarification regarding the Saab fences.

Anybody heard what the pilots get out of the LOA?

A bunch of CA's get to keep seats, and many will be getting bypass pay instead of having to go through training. The training pipeline gets to be expanded out to almost be like a "Advanced Entitlement" bid. Pilots don't get yanked around as much, and the company keeps the pilots flying and pays more $$ in hourly costs, without the training costs and bottlenecks.

At least that's how it reads to me.

Is the union planning on sending an email out to the pilot group about this LOA?

I'm sure they will. Signatures are still being done. I wouldn't be surprised if 11-09 isn't out prior to tomorrow. My "sources" say it's going to make 11-08 look like child's play.

I'm sure they will. Signatures are still being done. I wouldn't be surprised if 11-09 isn't out prior to tomorrow. My "sources" say it's going to make 11-08 look like child's play.

In what sense? Net CAs negative or positive? We got a whole lotta Saab Captains/FOs to find new jobs for. Jet jobs, I mean.

Latest resources

Back