• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

News story on SLI NWA and Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys have ditched DOH and are now looking for a dynamic list. I think you are the ones grasping. And, I just read the transcripts for 11-15 (I thought the hearings started tomorrow, and I was wrong...), and I thought our guy did a great job equating the 767ER to the A330, and throwing our salaries and the differences between them in there. RH did a fantastic job. NALPA switching tactics in the last inning sure shows something...... and the dynamic list would divide us for another 15 years---another redbook/greenbook scenario. I guess those guys are just comfortable having different factions in a "family." Come on!! Let's all just get together for one big hug!!!

Bye Bye---General Lee

The way i read it, the only reason why the stance was adjusted was because the arbitrators said neither sides proposal was going to cut it and they wanted to hear all the ideas. I am looking for where i read that.

SLI Arbitration Hearings Resume
The last three days of SLI arbitration hearings resumed today in Los Angeles, CA. Today’s hearing began with a statement by arbitration panel chairman Richard Bloch. Mr. Bloch said that while the parties were not able to achieve a resolution during the SLI negotiations, which he mediated, considerable progress was made to narrow the issues and inform the arbitration board of the important points on each side. Mr. Bloch said that he heard a “Dynamic List” proposal from NWA and variations on a static list from Delta, but made it clear that nothing will be considered for the arbitration case that hasn’t been presented during the hearing process. Thereafter, he offered both sides the opportunity to restate their ideas and proposals from the mediated talks during the final three days of Arbitration hearings.

After Bloch’s statement, NWA Captain Greg Averill gave testimony about why the panel should account for the significant upcoming attrition of NWA pilots in their decision. He then presented an alternate “Dynamic List” proposal for the arbitration panel to consider. After cross examination of Captain Averill, the Delta Merger committee began its rebuttal case.

Bottom line is they want to hear ALL ideas. Hopefully after ALL ideas are heard they will be able to really find the middle ground.

We'll see :beer:

Bottom line is they want to hear ALL ideas. Hopefully after ALL ideas are heard they will be able to really find the middle ground.

C'mon, DAL position has been the middle ground all along, and there is no where for them to meet in the middle.....

"The harder they come, the harder they fall, one in all...."

You guys have ditched DOH and are now looking for a dynamic list. I think you are the ones grasping.

We were asked by the arbitrator what a dynamic list was (why would he want to know I wonder, hmmmmmmm) BTW, DOH is still our position.

, and I thought our guy did a great job equating the 767ER to the A330, and throwing our salaries and the differences between them in there.

Really, I thought he did an absolutely terrible job. interesting.

and the dynamic list would divide us for another 15 years--

Why, because you wouldn't get the cake and eat it too? Like a ratioed list by equipment won't do the same thing. Genius.

We were asked by the arbitrator what a dynamic list was (why would he want to know I wonder, hmmmmmmm) BTW, DOH is still our position.

Exactly. I dont know why some on the DAL side are under the impression the NWA side just "gave up" on our position. ALL ideas are under review and the arbitators will decide on what is fair and whats not. December 8th cant get here fast enough imho. I am ready for this stuff to be over with.

I guess we should also offer the Staple method for your people too. Why not? They may accept that one. Dynamic list? Come on now! You guys love dividing groups, it makes you feel better about yourselves I guess.

Bye Bye---General Lee

When he doesn't know what something is, that ISN'T good. You should have made up something else, like "Every Captain that wears a leather jacket should be awarded a 777 Captain slot method." He would have asked the same thing--"What method is that? I have never heard of it before..." He had also never heard of "super premium" widebody flying. Remember when he asked our lawyer if he had ever heard of that? Lots of laughter. I can post the transcript if you want me to.

Really, I thought he did an absolutely terrible job. interesting. I bet you didn't like it at all, neither did your lawyer nor your side in general. That's the point.

Why, because you wouldn't get the cake and eat it too? Like a ratioed list by equipment won't do the same thing. Genius. When one side brings more widebodies, higher pay per equipment, and more future growth through orders that will come to fruition, ratioed lists actually make sense. But hey, you are bringing more flyable DC9s than any other carrier in THE WORLD. Thanks for that, and they pay the least out of any plane on our pay rates too BTW.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Bye Bye--General Lee

Funny thing is, if you actually read the testimony, he does know what a dynamic list is, he just wanted it on the record. Why is that do you think? Trying to find a compromise, maybe. Y'all should give it a try sometime.

I love how a dynamic list will "divide" the group but DAL's shove it up your A$$ proposal won't.

Funny thing is, if you actually read the testimony, he does know what a dynamic list is, he just wanted it on the record. Why is that do you think? Trying to find a compromise, maybe. Y'all should give it a try sometime.

I love how a dynamic list will "divide" the group but DAL's shove it up your A$$ proposal won't.

This from the group that started with DOH and fences.... I almost threw up a little in my mouth there... What is fair is staying about where you are NOW in your current company percentage wise. Anything else is a windfall. We both have retirements coming up, just spaced over a few years. Your dynamic list idea will be shot down just like your DOH idea.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back