• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Andy,

Forgive me if, for a short moment, I say "I told you so." :) Like I said in a previous post, it's a snowball rolling down hill picking up attention in all quarters especially the media. I think we can all agree that the NPRM is a done deal.

Yep, you're right. I hadn't anticipated Blakey announcing a NPRM until a couple of weeks ago. I think that I posted my err at that time on this board.
I figured that there was no way that Blakey and the FAA would make this change without direction from the judicial or legislative branch.
When I first heard about the NPRM, it made sense, since she's stepping down ~Sep 07. This way, she drops the NPRM and leaves it to the next administrator to implement. Allows both the old and new administrator an opportunity to 'blame' the other.
Yes, the NPRM is likely a done deal.

As to your questions, I'd say that 1 & 2 are likely yes. 3 - I don't know. 4 likely yes.

Let the fun begin, here is one poster opinion from the FAA site:

"Bring the FAA and The Department of Transportation into agreement with the ICAO world standard retroactively to 23 November 2006. If not, state reasons why your offices differ on safety interpretation. My suggestion-- give U.S. airline pilots their rightful jobs back as of 23 Nov 2006, because they are amongst the safest pilots in the world!"

Regardless of what the NPRM says, I smell age discrimination lawsuits coming from those forced to retire at age 60.

Guts,

Is your better half a former redtail? and for privacy reasons only last intials either H or G? If so tell them congrats.

I talked to a friend thats been with the FAA for years yesterday about the issue, and indicated that a major change WILL be implemented to the age 55 plus medicals.

Don't know what department of the FAA your friend works in, but MY friend is in the medical dept, and he tells me that they are seriously talking about relaxing the length of time between physicals. A 1st class would be good for one year if this happens.

He also says that there would NOT be any change in the medical standards as they stand today. He says they already have plenty of data from over age 60 pilots who do other kinds of flying. ( Corporate, cropdusting, CFI's etc.) And adding to the discussion...the ICAO pilots now flying in U.S. airspace day in and day out.

Tejas

Last edited:
I talked to a friend thats been with the FAA for years yesterday about the issue, and indicated that a major change WILL be implemented to the age 55 plus medicals. He himself is 56 years old and does not think he will be able to hold a 1st class. Ill be the first to buy a pack of smokes or a supersize value meal for all the 55 plus captains I fly with..........

Excellent, even more years on the LOL bandwagon... Nobodys going to be able to afford that again.

:) I should hope so. My dad's taking a dirt nap.
Then I would think you'd have more respect (and class) than to come out and open bash someone's family on a public board.

Just because YOU don't like the pending legislation doesn't give you the right to go on a public rampage. Poor little baby, getting his wheaties pissed on, so he lashes out at the world.

Most juvenile thing I've seen in a while...

Give me a second, you arrogant little pr*ck, and let me clear out my PM box.

Then I would think you'd have more respect (and class) than to come out and open bash someone's family on a public board.

Just because YOU don't like the pending legislation doesn't give you the right to go on a public rampage. Poor little baby, getting his wheaties pissed on, so he lashes out at the world.

Most juvenile thing I've seen in a while...

Give me a second, you arrogant little pr*ck, and let me clear out my PM box.

It most certainly DOES give him the right to go on a public rampage.

One word....decaf.

It most certainly DOES give him the right to go on a public rampage.

One word....decaf.
Yes, I agree, he needs Sanka.

However, unless someone directly insults you (which I didn't until he started slinging mud), you have absolutely ZERO right to start insulting people's families.

Classless, and truly uncalled for.

If you can't debate using the facts, don't bother, you can't convince anyone on emotional rants alone.

What a great news for Midwest F/O's, according to my calculations I should see a left seat right around age 63.4
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back