Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, a few here are really close to getting a few days if not weeks off in the box. No more personal attacks, name calling or for gods sake, acting like you are in high school to call someone out. If it continues I will not hesitate to kick you off the boards for a while so that you can cool down.

Get the thread back on track.

2000 rolls around and the airlines are starting to hurt a little. 9-11 happens and bam the airlines are really in trouble. Big losses, bankruptcy and then they kill the defined benefit pensions (all while management keeps theirs).

Pardon my ignorance but why in they're right mind would any pilot group agree to take a paycut or give up a pension if management doesn't agree to give up the same inch for inch? Surely, they could have taken a hard line on this and made it up to management to truly cut costs the same amount!!

When this was all taking place why didn't ALPA, APA, etc GO TO WAR and mount an all out media and PR campaign, O'Reilly style, to expose managements greed in regard to them not taking an equal cut?? Sure, the public probably thinks that pilots are overpaid but that surely would be overshadowed by how greedy management is and how much more they make for sinking these airlines by they're utter incompetence.

So why did all the respective unions in they're right mind agree to give up anything WITHOUT MANAGEMANT DOING THE SAME???

Last edited:
Lear70, your dad's a friggin' idiot. And when he loses everything in another high risk 'investment' at 64 1/2, I guess that we should raise the age limit again, eh?
He deserves to live in a van down by the river.

You've really proven yourself to be a class act. You tried to pass yourself off as some kind of expert with lots of inside information. You promised your disciples that change would never happen and you were wrong. So with nothing left you show your true colors. So to paraphrase one of your previous posts: Andy meet door, as it slams in your face for another 5 years.

You've really proven yourself to be a class act. You tried to pass yourself off as some kind of expert with lots of inside information. You promised your disciples that change would never happen and you were wrong. So with nothing left you show your true colors. So to paraphrase one of your previous posts: Andy meet door, as it slams in your face for another 5 years.

Andy called the NPRM before anybody else--and he is a class act. And it is painfully obvious the apple did not fall far from the tree with Lear70 so what is the harm in Andy calling a spade a spade?

The irony here is that the biggest obstacle to any actual implementation of a change to the age 60 rule is the huge run of lawsuits by the same money-grabbing gummers who have no life outside of aviation who pushed for the change in the first place. I hope they make it such a litigious mess that it takes even longer to make any change in the rule.

Our profession just took another potential huge step backwards today, I am surprised so many are happy with what is becoming left of it.

I don't like the arguement, per say, but I sure don't like this piling on Andy BS. The guy is furloughed. In a normal venue this would have gone his way. This is "airline world" however, and his efforts and talents are meaningless because it's only about seniority. You treacherous miscreants who are lucky enough to have a little seniority better be glad it's that way. In the real world a guy like ANDY goes by you like your tied to a post.

The way this change is shaping up now is no better than when it was put in place. Fact is, it's much worse.

Andy called the NPRM before anybody else--and he is a class act.
A class act?

mmmmkay. What you said.

And it is painfully obvious the apple did not fall far from the tree with Lear70 so what is the harm in Andy calling a spade a spade?
I hope not. He's been a great roll model on how to raise a kid as a single parent AND still follow your dream of flying.

He got bad investment advice. Thought he had his pension as his main backup. Turns out he didn't. Happened to a lot of good people.

The fact that I can recognize that both for him and other people who were similarly hurt without resorting to insults is where the delineating line is.

Just a thought, but you might reclassify your definition of "a class act".

Best of luck to you...

Nobody gets a free pass because of a furlough. He's not the first, nor will he be the last.

You treacherous miscreants who are lucky enough to have a little seniority better be glad it's that way. In the real world a guy like ANDY goes by you like your tied to a post.

Maybe doing a powerpoint presentation, but not in the commercial world, I have more than one year 121 experience. Sorry, I forgot, experience doesn't count for anything.

A class act?

mmmmkay. What you said.

I hope not. He's been a great roll model on how to raise a kid as a single parent AND still follow your dream of flying.

He got bad investment advice. Thought he had his pension as his main backup. Turns out he didn't. Happened to a lot of good people.

The fact that I can recognize that both for him and other people who were similarly hurt without resorting to insults is where the delineating line is.

Just a thought, but you might reclassify your definition of "a class act".

Best of luck to you...

OK. I am sorry--you are right. Your father is not an idiot, he is actually an investment genius. I for one am glad to degrade the profession to make up for a little bad luck by your old man. Who could blame him for throwing the whole enchilada away at the very end? Think of what might of happened... Don't hate the playa, hate the game!

Thankfully my father is not so financially savvy. He is actually a 61 year old multi-millionaire who enjoys his retirement and grandchildren. Too bad for him.

Good luck to you too. And I think it is "role" model, not "roll" model.

You right, missa spellin' police. Getsta typing so fast I miss my words. My bad.

Yeah, I got the sarcasm, and it ain't no thing, and I didn't say my Dad was perfect, just didn't appreciate someone busting on him so harsh for something some creep in a suit behind a cubicle in some brokerage firm talked him into.

I'm kinda protective of my family in that way, and I gets my hackles up quick Yo ATL style.

Sorry if I came across all hatin and ready to whoop sum...

You right, missa spellin' police. Getsta typing so fast I miss my words. My bad.

Yeah, I got the sarcasm, and it ain't no thing, and I didn't say my Dad was perfect, just didn't appreciate someone busting on him so harsh for something some creep in a suit behind a cubicle in some brokerage firm talked him into.

I'm kinda protective of my family in that way, and I gets my hackles up quick Yo ATL style.

Sorry if I came across all hatin and ready to whoop sum...

Dude, are you making fun of black people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back