• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree, he needs Sanka.

However, unless someone directly insults you (which I didn't until he started slinging mud), you have absolutely ZERO right to start insulting people's families.

Classless, and truly uncalled for.

If you can't debate using the facts, don't bother, you can't convince anyone on emotional rants alone.

You stated that your dad made a mistake by dumping all of his savings in speculative investments just prior to his retirement. I merely confirmed that he's an idiot. It's EXACTLY that kind of person (your father) who pushes for a change to the retirement age because he's a financial idiot. Yes, I have heartburn with people that stupid.
By the way, your response to my PM was totally weasely. If you want to be insulted by me in person you need to pick a date. I've already given you the place.

Last edited:
Don't know what department of the FAA your friend works in, but MY friend is in the medical dept, and he tells me that they are seriously talking about relaxing the length of time between physicals. A 1st class would be good for one year if this happens.

He also says that there would NOT be any change in the medical standards as they stand today. He says they already have plenty of data from over age 60 pilots who do other kinds of flying. ( Corporate, cropdusting, CFI's etc.) And adding to the discussion...the ICAO pilots now flying in U.S. airspace day in and day out.

Tejas

Great news! The every 6 month medical was a joke and a waste of time anyway! Once a year should be more than plenty!

There are a bunch of older airline pilots out running in my neighborhood. One guy had a walkman the size of a shoebox on and multiple sweatbands on all limbs. Another had a pair of "cheap hotel" sweatpants on and looked like he should of had an ambulance following him.

They'll all have for sale signs in their yards this week and new trucks in the driveways. Bubbas with new money, it would be funny if no one were furloughed.

By the way, your response to my PM was totally weasely. If you want to be insulted by me in person you need to pick a date. I've already given you the place.
MY response was weasely?

Pot... meet kettle.

Your response: "Pick a WEEKEND for YOU to come up HERE to D.C. Oh, by the way, I'm going to be gone to Europe for the next several weeks."

I'm here in Nashville every weekend, buddy. Unlike YOU, I'm not running away to Europe for an indeterminate period of time.

Every weekend, all month long. Try not to pick Superbowl Sunday; it would suck if I had to go to jail for a couple hours on a simple assault charge 'cause your mouth got out of hand again and I missed the game.

Guys like you DESERVE to be on furlough... it's a mystery how you ever got hired with that attitude in the first place.

Capt Jim Smyth,

You must be about 55 judging by your excitement, but hows your buddy PE doing? He wont even be around for the first round of implementation, but you on the other hand will probably get to retire at 61.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back