• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

News Flash For Those SkedPlus Lovers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I have to do is compare the summary judgment from Don's case against the letter KB sent out and I know who is putting out the propaganda.

Also, our fearless SAPA leader just sent out a letter against the union using a ploy about how ASA lost continental flying due to ALPA that directly conflicts with statements given to investors. Hmmmm. And he did that after a unanimous vote within a SAPA meeting that all SAPA officers would remain neutral on the ALPA issue in public postings.

I may not know everything but I've been around long enough to know that the majority of the bull is coming from SGU, not Herndon.

The more that SGU sends out, the more their credibility is brought into question.

Would someone at Skywest ask this SAPA person if ASA did loose it because of ALPA then why didn't Skywest pick it up if it was such a great deal.

Would someone at Skywest ask this SAPA person if ASA did loose it because of ALPA then why didn't Skywest pick it up if it was such a great deal.
This is a good question. I never actually thought of it that way, why didn't they pick it up?

Just got home from my trip and voted. Pressing 1 is really easy and I can't believe how much better I feel. JA, BH, CC, JB, XPOO, Skynation and Hitler can all suck it!

Sincerely,
Shakenbake

As a professional Pilot I would never agree to work without a contract. Doctors and Lawyers who work at clinics and firms have contracts. Pro athletes have contracts.
Your boss Jerry at Skywest sure as heck works under a contract .
HE WOULD NEVER AGREE TO WORK WITH OUT ONE! No upper mgt. types who keep telling you you don't need a contract, just trust us, would do their jobs with out the pay and benefits in writing.
So why are you suppose to think so little of your career that you would agree to continue to work with out one?

What have I spouted that is propoganda? But I forgot, anything Torque posts is 100% factual data, take it to the bank, the sky IS falling, truth and anything anyone says that even slightly cast the Almighty ALPA in any type of tiny little miniscule bad light is total fear mongering at its worst.

?????
YOU compared ALPA to Hitler!

Torque writes more ALPA propoganda than the whole SkyWest OCC combined. Hitler would be proud.

Man you guys or gals are so negitive. SkyWest is great compaired to my former airlines. go work for Eagle or Mesa for a couple of years then come back to SkyWest, and see if your attitude changes.. It will!!!

you can't group eagle in with mesa. minus the upgrade times, they have better pay, benefits, hard lines, and a minimun 1.75% raise per year plus a nickel on their per diem per year, 11 days off for reserves. I would take their contract over skywest in a heartbeat. oh, wait we don't have a contract. we just trust that our management will always hold up their end of the bargain. plus you can actually use your flight benefits at Eagle because you are on par with AA employees and it is not based on senority. who ever checks in first makes the flight. get a life.

take your 2% invest it and over the next 30 years with a 9% returen you would have close to 400K!! I would much rather have that then a alpa pin...(witch I already have)

or take a better contract with some quality of life benefits, a 5% raise, plus Cola at a minimum of 1% a year and invest at a 5% return and have a million. I don't understand why people don't believe that skywest could score an industry leading contract. we have the money. I think a guy named Brad got 10 million last year? It is worth a try people. worse comes to worse, when we vote ALPA in we have our current contract locked in immediatly until a new TA can be voted on.

XPOO, SkyNation.

With all due respect, a lot of us on this forum have been with SkyWest for +10 years. Like Torque perfectly explained in a previous thread, we have seen SkyWest going downhill in the way it treats its crewmembers for years now. I have way too many stories to illustrate that point. Most of us are far from being all pro union either. Like many, I have never voted for any union drive before, I don't care for them in general, but enough is enough. I don't think it's the magic answer but it's all I got left. I love the people I work with and always do my best for the interest of the company, but after being burned by SGU one too many times, they left the pilots no choice.
If ALPA gets voted in, SGU top brass will only have themself to blame for pushing the most anti-union pilot group in the nation to ALPA. Management has abused our good-will one too many times.

Last edited:
XPOO, SkyNation.

With all due respect, a lot of us on this forum have been with SkyWest for +10 years. Like Torque perfectly explained in a previous thread, we have seen SkyWest going downhill in the way it treats its crewmembers for years now. I have way too many stories to illustrate that point. Most of us are far from being all pro union either. Like many, I have never voted for any union drive before, I don't care for them in general, but enough is enough. I don't think it's the magic answer but it's all I got left. I love the people I work with and always do my best for the interest of the company, but after being burned by SGU one too many times, they left the pilots no choice.
If ALPA gets voted in, SGU top brass will only have themself to blame for pushing the most anti-union pilot group in the nation to ALPA. Management has abused our good-will one too many times.

Spot On! I agree 100%. Most people wanted to avoid this altogether. But, SGU has NO-ONE to blame but themselves.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back