News Flash For Those SkedPlus Lovers...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can anyone drop a trip.
If there are reserves available, yes, you can drop a trip and it is immediately assigned to a reserve. SkedPlus will tell you if there are "minimum reserves" available and will deny the drop if reserve pilots get down to X amount...

It's really nothing different than we had already, it's just a different program that puts everything together to be more user friendly..

Torque, I don't know who you are, but I want you to run the SkyWest MEC when ALPA gets voted in...

why? what would our company culture be like if malcontents, complainers, and those who feel that the world owes them something via entitlements were in those meetings with BH, CC, et al?

if you think things suck at SkyWest now (I don't), wait until our culture is infected with this attitude and all of it's inherent divisiveness.

oh, but at least then it'll be official, right?

Man you guys or gals are so negitive. SkyWest is great compaired to my former airlines. go work for Eagle or Mesa for a couple of years then come back to SkyWest, and see if your attitude changes.. It will!!!

why would you bring Hitler into this?

Hitler and Propoganda go hand in hand, kinda like Peanut Butter and Jelly. Throwing fear into the face of the weak-minded pilot, who can't decide for himself, that his/her whole world will come crashing down if he/she doesn't give money to someone to represent him/her constitutes a very good Hitler comparison if you ask me.

But more than that, its just nice to know someone can see me. Someone has to keep a fair balance to these overly-exagerated ALPA scare tactic threads. I guess I'm the mercinary.

amcnd,

all you care about is your quick upgrade. even though you have experience under an ALPA regime, your thoughts and opinions don't count, because you don't see the whole picture. wait 'til you've been here for a few years, then you'll be as crusty, cranky, leftist, anti-capitalist as the rest of us.

Hitler and Propoganda go hand in hand, kinda like Peanut Butter and Jelly. Throwing fear into the face of the weak-minded pilot, who can't decide for himself, that his/her whole world will come crashing down if he/she doesn't give money to someone to represent him/her constitutes a very good Hitler comparison if you ask me.

But more than that, its just nice to know someone can see me. Someone has to keep a fair balance to these overly-exagerated ALPA scare tactic threads. I guess I'm the mercinary.

It is EXACTLY this kind of oversimplification that has me turned off on the whole Union drive. FROM BOTH SIDES!

BH insulting my intelligence by saying I shouldn't call because I can't figure out how to vote no, some (not all, but a large number of ) pro-ALPA people telling me how there are ZERO downsides to being represented by ALPA.

Yes, there's a tremendous amount of propaganda coming from BOTH SIDES, but comparing Hitler's lunacy to ANY labor issue is just plain ridiculous.

You have to know that.

Educate yourselves, vote not with your conscious, but with your brain and Fly Safe.

-JP

good post, joe_pilot

Of course I know that, but how better to describe this kind of propoganda then by comparing it to the same thing an evil icon used to fuel his world domination? At least it grabs attention and wakes people up. If you are seriously undecided and you need to come to FI.com to figure out if you should vote yes or no, then you shouldn't even be allowed to possess a license.

Management is paid to tell you to vote no. ALPA members are forced to tell you to say yes. Take a look at where SkyWest and all the other ALPA-represented airlines are at and make your decisions on the one thing that cannot be a lie or propoganda, and that's your own volition. Don't let people persuade you through peer-pressure, scare tactics, job threats or anything else.

I just have fun refuting ALPA chest-thumpers claims of the sky will fall.

Can anyone drop a trip.

I exchanged half my schedule for better trips and dropped the other half to fly out of domicile (where I live). SkedPlus is great. You guys are being way too negative. I'm an RJ Captain, though, and our staffing levels are much better than the F.O.'s. We're way short on F.O.'s, but I think that's happening at all the regionals right now. Just not enough pilots out there to hire.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back