• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NEWS FLASH - AWA pilots a bunch of rookies

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Think about it, with the TWA/AA intergration there were 16 year Captains from TWA furloughed where 2 year AA pilots were not.

Wrong, AA guys with more than 2 and 3 years seniority got furloughed also, and many TWA guys did not.......

Airways guys originally didn't allow the wholly owned regionals (pdt, alg, psa) to operate RJ's because "they only know how to fly a straight winged airplane. they would not know how to handle a swept winged jet."

so.....
they...
.....gave them to TSA, Chautauqua....and da da da da...Mesa....

Mookie

Airways guys originally didn't allow the wholly owned regionals (pdt, alg, psa) to operate RJ's because "they only know how to fly a straight winged airplane. they would not know how to handle a swept winged jet."

so.....
they...
.....gave them to TSA, Chautauqua....and da da da da...Mesa....

Mookie

Yeah, O.K...............it's clear the U guys for the most part are tending to their tattered anuses, but just because they crapped on their regionals doesn't mean they should have been..................wait a minute..........what am I saying ?

Let's revise that.

How about what comes around, goes around.

I don't see any big tear shedding for U pilots. Most (including me) aren't thrilled they got the shaft, but few of us are losing sleep over it either.

Why argue.

It's a done deal and NOTHING U ALPA can do will change that (despite sabre rattling). They can dump ALPA, but that won't change BINDING arbitration.

It's over and they lost.

I don't know why you guys keep saying, "The East guys got the shaft" . . . . They got relative seniority, and it exceeded any reasonable expectations they had of remaining employed, or returning to employment. Sure, it's not what they would have liked, but it sounds pretty fair to an unbiased observer.

Fire away . . . . if it makes you feel better.

Wrong, AA guys with more than 2 and 3 years seniority got furloughed also, and many TWA guys did not.......

Ok I stand corrected

the most Senior TWA pilot on furlough had about 16 years of service and the most senior AA pilot on furlough had up to, lets call it 4 years of service.

LIKE I SAID

Why is it now the crime of the century that after the AAA/AWA seniority (not longevity) intergration, that an 18 year AAA F/O is still an 18 year F/O after the merger.

Remember the merger that even the newspapers remarked that now "US Airways will not have to liquidate because of the merger' etc.

some how the SUPERIOR airman of all times seem to forget that they, on May 18, 2005 had little to no career expectations. Despite their SUPERIOR ABILITIES (trying to stay positive and not mention any events between 1989-1994 that have already been illuminated).

Wake up we didn't get a windfall, however we did get the promise of the nightmare we are now living out, in having to deal with your arrogant sense of entitlement.

Last edited:
I don't know why you guys keep saying, "The East guys got the shaft" . . . . They got relative seniority, and it exceeded any reasonable expectations they had of remaining employed, or returning to employment. Sure, it's not what they would have liked, but it sounds pretty fair to an unbiased observer.

Thank You for putting your opinion out here. It's good to know that not everyone has the warped sense of entitlement that the east guys seem to have or at least that their leadership portrays them to have. I feel bad for those guys if there are any that see this for what it was, a relative intergration where no group got stapled.

Last edited:

There's your problem, you're an unbiased observer. When an outside observer(example arbitrator) looks at the facts and the merger policy it's obviously fair.

There's your problem, you're an unbiased observer. When an outside observer(example arbitrator) looks at the facts and the merger policy it's obviously fair.

Your post makes no sense. The two parties were not able to resolve their differences themselves. What would you propose?

Latest resources

Back