Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OnTheDole

from CLT news 14:

"US Airways pilots are the most highly-skilled and experienced pilots in the world,” said Capt. James Ray. “The America West pilots are much less experienced than we are and we brought a lot of seniority and years of service to the table and the arbitration failed to realize that.”

****************************** bag...

from CLT news 14:

"US Airways pilots are the most highly-skilled and experienced pilots in the world,” said Capt. James Ray. “The America West pilots are much less experienced than we are and we brought a lot of seniority and years of service to the table and the arbitration failed to realize that.”

I am sure there is someone out there that will spend the 20 minutes to research and compare safety records????

It's probably predicated on their international flying experience, which to be fair is a whole different ball of wax than flying US and North America.. but also to be fair, many former AWA (now US Air) pilot have international experience from the old days when AWA did that, and prior careers in the military or other jobs.. so it's a bit of a stretch to say ALL are more experienced.. But I think I catch their drift.

Bottom line.. AWA bought USAir.

:laugh: now that would be so funny if it wasn't so stupid. How do you get that cocky after 20 years in the right seat flying between Albany and pit

from CLT news 14:

I know James. This is not one of his sharpest remarks, but it doesn't surprise me that he said this.

The skill level, is not something that is considered. I still feel the arbitrator missed the boat on this one, but for other reasons.

from CLT news 14:

He's going to break all those straws he's grasping at unless he's careful.

It's probably predicated on their international flying experience, which to be fair is a whole different ball of wax than flying US and North America.. but also to be fair, many former AWA (now US Air) pilot have international experience from the old days when AWA did that, and prior careers in the military or other jobs.. so it's a bit of a stretch to say ALL are more experienced.. But I think I catch their drift.

Bottom line.. AWA bought USAir.

the only thing complicated about international is trying to find lunch when you get there.

Ah its no big deal. He's just pandering to the masses, as a west pilot I'm not offended. If he truly means it, well thats his problem.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know if he(Ray) has drawn cartoons for the alpa magazine?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back