• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Newhire CAL Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey now that you mention it one of those kids looks real farmiliar!

That goes back to the start of this thread. I'm on first year pay, so I can't afford child support.

Patriot328 said:
Junior manning? WTF?

Movable days off? WTF? If you're off, you are OFF

Getting called early on an overnight and having to come in before show time? WTF?

Block in past 1am going into an off day.. you don't get a comp day off with pay? WTF?

No Ins for 6mos? WTF?

24 hrs off in 7 days can count as rest? No calander day off in base? (That's not a WTF if you want to stack your work days in a row, but it can be abused)

What's up with min duty free time in base... it's short... (shorter than where I worked before)..

FBJ, I'm not saying CAL isn't a better place to work for long term (it is better than any regional), but I will tell you that there are some things in the contract that are horrible from a QOL aspect and I was surprised to learn that my old regional airline contract was superior in many ways.

I will also say that I've experienced nearly zero of the above, but some of my cohorts on the 737 haven't been as lucky.

From one on the pilots who was very active to recall our former MEC Officers, Negotiating Committee, Negotiating Counsel and many many others I sincerely apologize. Our MEC lacked the integrity, smarts and plane ass balls to do the right thing. This contract is a huge embarrasement and for that I truly apologize. But I did try and I was threatened to be sued etc. by many I went after. Fortunately for me you can't be sued for liable when your telling the truth. Half of our former MEC were crooks the other half so stupid they made Forrest Gump look like a rocket scientist.

The good news is a major shift in our membership consistency next time around with all the hiring and retirements we actually have a shot at a unifed pilot group with a solid leadership. I educate every new hire I fly with about ALPA, unions, history of our airline etc. There is a lot of talent in our newest arrivals just as long as the majority don't get complacent or apathetic better days ahead.

Frats

Yes, there were a bunch of scabs stealing ALPA union money for pay to themselves, and suckin managements diick. Now we have work rules worse than regionals like 50% and now 75% deadhead pay, only 2 hrs per day pay for training, and a lot of other crap.

I think that by 2008 there won't be many scabs left, and some guys with balls doing the negotiating. I think that guy Prater is good for negotiating. Actually, do we even have any scabs left in CAL ALPA now?

Hutchman said:
seahorse said:
I think that by 2008 there won't be many scabs left,.....
age 23 in 1983 = 48 years old in 2008

Just by doing a quick scan of "the list" I found some that were born in 1958. That means that he/she retires in 12 years...

I believe that by the time 2008 comes around, the new hires that are on property now will be a lot more vocal and more than willing to fight for what we believe in (strike)...

The following were the demographics of our pilot group of those who crossed the picket line based on the July 2000 seniority list. So obviously you have to had six years to each age group figure out today's numbers and in those in the future. I had to interpellate these numbers from a graph so there are not 100% accurate but pretty close.

Most of the first two groups are gone today. Many of the 46-50 will be gone in the next five years leaving a very small minority in the future something we have not had in my 19 years at this company
Age 56 - 60 #80

Age 51 - 55 #290

Age 46 -50 #350

Age 41 - 45 #250

Age 36 - 40 #50

seahorse said:
Yes, there were a bunch of scabs stealing ALPA union money for pay to themselves, and suckin managements diick. Now we have work rules worse than regionals like 50% and now 75% deadhead pay, only 2 hrs per day pay for training, and a lot of other crap.

I think that by 2008 there won't be many scabs left, and some guys with balls doing the negotiating. I think that guy Prater is good for negotiating. Actually, do we even have any scabs left in CAL ALPA now?

Current MEC

EWR Reps NO
IAH Reps NO
GUM Reps NO

CLE NO But these are the only two left overs from the last MEC. Don't trust them and they should be thrown out ASAP. Weak and incompetent

Flight Instructor Rep Do not know

MEC Officers NO

Negotiating Committee

Prater - good man worked for him and I consider him a friend.

Other two negotiating committee members I don't trust they sold the POS contract 2002 big time.

There may be a few scabs intermixed in various committees but not like a year ago.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back