• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Newbie at NJA Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks guys. Thats kinda what I thought, but ya know, it never hurts to ask. BTW I love that there are no flight bags/jepps. I'm assuming that this must also mean that you're not doing a new revision every two weeks. That may be one of my least favorite parts of my job right now. :)

Sorry to mildly disappoint you, but we do Q-service updates for the domestic U.S. on the 2-week update cycle. Updates for other regions come out on a 28-day cycle or as needed.

I wish we had EFB's for that stuff as well as the FOM...
:rolleyes:

As I'm sure you know, inserting a Q-service update is far less work than doing a conventional update.

Besides, with about five times as many pilots as airplanes (with Jepp libraries), the odds are much better that you won't have to do an update because another crew beat you to it. When you carry your own set, there's pretty much a 100% chance that you'll be the guy doing it. :D

As for the FOM, I couldn't agree more. I'd much rather just carry an electronic copy.

Besides, with about five times as many pilots as airplanes (with Jepp libraries), the odds are much better that you won't have to do an update because another crew beat you to it. When you carry your own set, there's pretty much a 100% chance that you'll be the guy doing it. :D

Actually, it seems like whether or not one does the updates has a lot to do with start days. The Q-service updates seem to fall in the middle of my tours, so I end up doing a lot of them. But they aren't usually too time-consuming.

We at NJA live in the stone age. So very sad that even new airplanes coming on line do not have EFB's.

Look at how long it took them to design a simple winter jacket. It's no surprise that EFB's are naught but a dream.

new complete set of charts every 16 weeks, with updates every 2 weeks. dont update anything unless you fly to that field, pretty simple, sometimes you never update at all just throw out all the charts and get the new set every 4 months.

Latest resources

Back