• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Newbie at NJA Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Park in long term in the covered garage. A lot better coming home on an airline on day 7 and the car is nice and cool in the shade. Sometimes a little hard to get a spot during the parking garage construction, but well worth the company's money.

Normally (75% of the time) you get airline shows...

Interesting... for me, most of my recent shows have been rental cars out of there. I've called AVIS, had them deliver my rental car to Signature's lot, and been able to move my bags directly from my car to the rental. Very convenient, and leaves me time to stop at the Gun Club Diner for breakfast on the way. :cool:

Normally (75% of the time) you get airline shows so I park at the terminal in short term and expense it for $84/week. Since it is a domicile they have to pay parking no matter what. Why take the shuttle from Signature when I can walk to the terminal.
They pay 100% of that?

They pay 100% of that?

Yes they do. I use a close off-airport parking facility with covered parking, less than $84/week but only a couple dollars more expensive than open parking. 100% reimbursed.

LearFlyer....don't forget. After a short while ... politely ask D' for an update. It works.

Later Dude.

I wish I tried that...

Thanks fellas, it looks like there's plenty options and the company is good about reimbursement.

imacdog,

You mind pm me the name of that lot. Thanks

So what about headsets?

So I was thinking today about eventually trading in my Lightspeed 30-3G's for the Mach 1 when I head to training in October. What do most people use? Does the company supply you with headsets? Are the airplanes equipped? Are you even allowed/able to bring your own? Just curious. Thanks!

Matt

The airplanes have the Telex 750's in them. You can use what you want. A lot of people use the Bose QC2's with the U fly Mike set up. Great in the plane and great on the airlining you do.

So I was thinking today about eventually trading in my Lightspeed 30-3G's for the Mach 1 when I head to training in October. What do most people use? Does the company supply you with headsets? Are the airplanes equipped? Are you even allowed/able to bring your own?

Of course you can bring your own!

The airplanes are all supplied with headsets. Not sure about other fleets, but most of the Excels have Telex 750 or 850 (ANR) models on board. I personally can't stand the 750 -- it makes my ears hurt, and the Excel cockpit's noisy enough that I have to wear earplugs under it and crank the volume up until the intercom squeals when I turn my head. Ugh. The 850 wasn't bad, but not many of the planes have them.

So I went looking for one to bring with me. (I also have a set of big Lightspeeds [20-3G], but they'd be a little ridiculous in our cockpits!) I ended up purchasing the setup Skyking mentioned: The Bose QuietComfort 2[/quote] headphones that I purchased from Crutchfield, paired with the [url=http://www.uflymike.com/]UFlyMike adapter that turns it into an aviation headset. It's a great setup, compact enough to slip into my laptop bag for the airline rides. Since we don't carry flight cases here (no jepps, so no need), I definitely wanted something compact. This fits the bill nicely.

Hope that helps.

Thanks guys. Thats kinda what I thought, but ya know, it never hurts to ask. BTW I love that there are no flight bags/jepps. I'm assuming that this must also mean that you're not doing a new revision every two weeks. That may be one of my least favorite parts of my job right now. :)

Also, this is the kind of thing our union message board is great for. Not sure if you've gone through indoc or not, but the union presentation will discuss how to get online there. Drop me a PM if you need info on it.
Also, ask about the NEW HIRE MENTOR program.... I understand you can be assigned a mentor who can answer many questions for you.

Latest resources

Back