• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New US Startup Orders 65 Airbuses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
great. another Airbus give-away to flood the U.S. market. just what the current airlines need. artificially low prices to squeeze profits away. good luck getting a foothold in the U.S. from Port Columbus Int'l Airport. :rolleyes:

Lower Airbus prices = Lower Boeing prices which in turn create lower costs for US airlines in general so they don't have to declare the need for lower costs from employees.

Doesn't SWA and US Airways operate out of CMH, if so Skybus is toast. Still, might be a good way to get current if you have been out of work for a while........;)

2 of the people that started GoJet went over to help start Skybus, my bet is that it will be the same type of operation. They will help other GoJet pilots to get on to "fly an Airbus" at low rates and start their parasitic infection into the LCC market.

I wonder if they are trying to imitate the Ryanair formula from Europe - fly to cheaper satellite airports outside the primary cities and reduce service levels to keep costs low....

Let' s see, Ryan pays a Senir FO (In EU they have junior fo less than 1500 TT ) based in UK 5.500 euros per month x 1. 27 (rate) is 6985 AFTER TAXES. Europe base (ie Paris) 4.500 EURos
Upgrade 2-3 years (1st year Cpt. UK based 114.000 USD AFter Taxes).

4-6 legs per day 85-95 hrs line (sometines only 2 legs per day max 2 hrs. 30 mins).

No overnights

If you can bet that it will not even get off the ground, count me in I need to make some money!

On another note has anyone got info on PROJECTROAM? I thought they were going to be flying a few years ago?

The pay figure quoted to me at an AIRinc circle jerk was $85 an hour for a Check Airman - I can hardly imagine how low line pilot pay will be.

There is an airline already based in CMH that pays their Check Airmen more than $85/hr.

It's called Chautauqua. Wow, I can't believe the prospected pay is that low.

Last edited:
These guys were at AIRINC back in 2005...or maybe 04?..guy speaking during the morning session said guys backing it used to work at ryanair and southwest. It seems they were supposed to start up in late 06.

He said they were going to try the ryanair concept here in the states. He actually promised us the pilots would be home every night. I figured what he really meant was they were so friggin cheap, they didn't want to pay for hotels for the crews. I remember thinkin that any airline that was that cheap wasn't in a big hurry to pay pilots alot. I don't know if this is true, but I also heard that the ryan air guys have same deal, but if they actually do have to stay somewhere, due to maint. or wx delays etc, they HAVE TO PAY FOR THEIR OWN HOTEL ROOMS!!

pretty interesting presentation, but it still gave me the willies....if this flies, where does it end?

iwannaflyCAL, it doesn't end until these guys lose their shirts on this deal and then all the smarta$$ MBA students figure out that you can't make money in the ultra low cost airline business (whatever that is).

Someone will alway try to invent a better mousetrap, but I would prefer not to be a mouse on this one.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Champ42272

I have also heard that there will be few/no overnights. Their president, Ken Gile, used to be the Director of Flight Ops and chief pilot at Southwest. From what I heard, he's a pretty standup guy. Hopefully, he brought some of that "employee first" attitude from WN and it will carry over in the pay rates.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back