• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New US Startup Orders 65 Airbuses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder if they are trying to imitate the Ryanair formula from Europe - fly to cheaper satellite airports outside the primary cities and reduce service levels to keep costs low. Instead of flying to EWR or JFK, perhaps it will serve Stewart as its "New York area" destination. Instead of Phx, it will use Williams Gateway airport (3 10,000 ft. parallel runways). Instead of MCO it will use Sanford. PEI instead of TPA and so on..

Regardless, it will probably use a high frequency model (meaning shorter flights) to keep the airplanes flying - Flyi learned the hard way that 2-3 transcon flights per day per A319 is not profitable using super-low fares.......

Should be interesting to watch. Better hurry up before Virgin America starts to steal its thunder...

Attention!!! guys that just love to fly and don't care about the money..Looks like a great place..Ex eastern MGMT,I am sure qol and benefits will be great..Maybe 50000 to start as Capt and 30000 as FO..Please someone send me the link to HR....

The pay figure quoted to me at an AIRinc circle jerk was $85 an hour for a Check Airman - I can hardly imagine how low line pilot pay will be. Before I get flamed, I only talked to them 'cause the hiring chick was pretty hot.

The pay figure quoted to me at an AIRinc circle jerk was $85 an hour for a Check Airman - I can hardly imagine how low line pilot pay will be. Before I get flamed, I only talked to them 'cause the hiring chick was pretty hot.

She was Hot!? Ok, well I'm in!

Nice flamebait dude.......

Never will GoJet pilots and TSA pilots be ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY.................

NEVER

what a f#ckin joke....It's time that we as pilots set some minimum standards for each aircraft. Then treat the pilots who choose to dip below that level like trash/scabs...

Would be nice if....

what a f#ckin joke....It's time that we as pilots set some minimum standards for each aircraft. Then treat the pilots who choose to dip below that level like trash/scabs...

That's a good idea. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the NFL have a minimum salary for entry level positions? What about the Actors union? Don't they have a minimum hourly charge whether you are shooting a commercial or starting a new sitcom?

Why not compose a national union that has minimum starting salaries for each weight category aircraft?

It would certainly make the Easy Jet wannabies consider twice about entering the market.

Nice flamebait dude.......

Never will GoJet pilots and TSA pilots be ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY.................

NEVER

Not a Flame, I don't do that. I make fun of and make stupid jokes, but not Flame.

I am telling you the truth. This GOjet guy was making it out like TSA and GOjet were victims of the common management. I thought it was GOjet that was used to F2ck you guys out of 70 seat flying?

I promise that this is not a Flame. I just thought that this guy was presenting a picture of things that didn't shed such a poor light on himself.

whoever is funding this obviously doesn't care about STAYING rich, probably one of the worst ideas for an airline, ever.

Sail.........

Personally I think ALL aircraft over 50 seats should be flown by the mainline........that ship has sailed though.

GoJet pilots can say or think whatever they want........they know what they did to us and the industry as a whole.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back