• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New US Airways pilots want share of profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To get back to the original news article, I hope the combined USAirways/AWA gets as much as they can as far as contracts and money from management. With all the industrywide givebacks, it would be nice to see some reward for the pilots like us.

WickedPissa said:
To get back to the original news article, I hope the combined USAirways/AWA gets as much as they can as far as contracts and money from management. With all the industrywide givebacks, it would be nice to see some reward for the pilots like us.

Now were talkin!

WickedPissa said:
What, do you have a mouse in your pocket?

FJ

WickedPissa said:
Maybe I was talking about junior guys at AWA who were hired in the past couple years.
I was hired here two years ago. I guess I'm one of those wet-behind-the-ears newbies. Don't worry; I know you weren't referring to me.

Lemme just tell you that there are no fair-minded pilots at AWA who wish to staple the active USA guys. Our official position is some kind of relative seniority that upholds the ALPA Merger Policy directives.

We ALL deserve better than what we have. We just need to remember that it's the Company which owes us and not other pilots.

TWA, Let me add, that most of the furloughees I talk to have the same mindset. They don't feel they should throw the AWA out on the street with a recall back, or even intervene on what should have been your normal career progression. At the same time, most feel that with the conditions that are there, some of our normal career transgressions shouldn't be ignored either. ya I Know US was weeks away from liquidation, and that might be a fact, but yet most of us have heard that song for 10 yrs. Before that, previous carrier I heard the same song for 10 yrs prior to that. Us has been the carrier of choice to go TU for the past 20 years, but yet it managed to dodge that bullet and continue on, as it is now in a form or another. There is no reason why both of the jr groups (jr being 15-18 yrs at US) expectations come to a close fruitition with the the current merger. If this merger didn't happen, possibly US woulda found another way, who knows, except for those at the top, I can guarntee that those wouldn't divulge such information, knowing that by witholding it, they gain the upper hand by being able to split the two groups and gain the typical conquer and divide advantage the pilots these days give up.
There are prob. equal numbers on both sides that would like to go east/west, besides that, we all pretty much have a common desire. To get on with our careers and share in the fruits that mangement is already eating. But alas, I've had too much idealistic thinking, as I'm reminded daily, watching pilots try and screw each other, over simple things as jumpseats or the last seat open for non-rev, etc etc.....
Bottom line, a third party is going to assist in how we are going to lay in bed together, and if both sides don't look beyond their noses, Management is going to laugh all the way to the bank AGAIN....

Ooops...just noticed you prefaced your comments with "don't want to staple the active pilots"
So I guess your idea is still the furloughed ones are your furlough fodder......

How bout all those 15-20 year US Air guys that went to AWA in the last couple years. They must not have realized they were at one of the awesome legacy carriers. Pissa(Pissa of sh!t) The sad thing is you don't realize you're a loser and AWA had to pull you're sorry arrogant rear out of the fire.

WickedPissa said:
This conversation goes back further than this post. I'm talking about AWA guys who think they should be higher on an integrated list than a guy who has been at USAir even before AWA existed in 82-83.

And since you ask, it only makes sense that everybody who was hired at USAirways in the early 90's and furloughed should be more senior than some newhire commuter guy hired in the last couple years.

As I have said before I only have posted on here a few times, but I am all about a fair integration as far as active pilots go. There should be an integration based upon percentages and that is most likely how the integration will go. I am sorry that you made the decision to go to Us Air and were furloughed and now you are most likely working on a crj for republic or another carrier, or maybe working at home depot. It is rough times, but the fact of the matter is that your career expectation was ZERO!!!! America west was planning on hiring 300 pilots in 2005 and what was US Air going to do???? Exactly! Liquidate or maybe furlough more until liquidation. I hope that you are recalled and expect to get back to work at this new company with a great contract, but the fact is if you wanted to you could have easily applied to America West and tried to get a job there, but you didn't. SO now you will be below all the Junior young snot nosed punks at America West who are a lot younger than you. Life throws curveballs at you all the time. you missed. Sorry!!!!! But at least you will have a job!!! Best of luck and we will see what the arbitrator does!!!! Its not in my hands! Happy seis de mayo. Im going to get another corona!

Crzipilot said:
So I guess your idea is still the furloughed ones are your furlough fodder......
That doesn't make sense: if they're already furloughed then they're not "fodder" anymore. The bottom of the seniority list is furlough fodder no matter who they are.

Nobody ever deserves to be furloughed. The USAir furloughees have been ill-treated by both management and ALPA alike and they deserve a lot better. My point is why does it make sense to exchange one fodder for another? Does that not fall within the purview of a windfall at the others' expense? If you disagree with me that's fine; I feel no need to argue. The arbitrator will decide and life will go on.

Latest resources

Back