New US Airways pilots want share of profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
5150 said:
Grow up junior ! The arbitrator will decide where the furloughed pilots go.

I don't have to wait for the arbitrator to decide where they will go! i know they will be on the bottom! There is no other way. Doug won't allow one furloughed pilot to be ahead of any active piots and the arbitrator works for doug and alpa. For any furloughed pilot to think they deserve a spot ahead of any pilot on the active list is just moronic. I dont want anything other than a fair and equitable integration, but if I keep hearing this doh s*** and furloughed pilots falling in on the list then im gonna say staple!!!!!!

Ask some of the old AWA pilots how they felt about having to buy stock as a condition of employment and you might find a differing opinion of the value of stock options.

If the pilots want to share in the profits, they'll have to give up something to get it, that's reality. Ultimately it comes down to the old, "Here's the pie, carve it up whatever way you want". The net won't increase because there isn't an airline management in the world that has the slightest respect for ALPA and ranks a strike threat right up there with an asteroid impact or decent Steve Martin movie. Never gonna happen (even though it would be the only way to regain any relevancy).

abefly said:
I don't have to wait for the arbitrator to decide where they will go! i know they will be on the bottom! There is no other way. Doug won't allow one furloughed pilot to be ahead of any active piots and the arbitrator works for doug and alpa. For any furloughed pilot to think they deserve a spot ahead of any pilot on the active list is just moronic. I dont want anything other than a fair and equitable integration, but if I keep hearing this doh s*** and furloughed pilots falling in on the list then im gonna say staple!!!!!!
You need a reality check Junior. It's not up to Doug or anyone else. Like i said before, the arbitrator will decide.

I'm not necesarrily defending "junior", but I get the impression many think the west side hires in the last few years are all snot nosed kids. A few are, but most are not. Many are older, and veterans of many years in the commercial aviation and military worlds. Many have gone through airline after airline, and been hosed over and over again. It is not just east side pilots who have suffered in this game, although some east side guys like to think so, at least the way I see it.

Last edited:
Bringupthebird said:
ranks a strike threat right up there with an asteroid impact or decent Steve Martin movie. Never gonna happen

Didn't you ever see "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"?

How many of you America West guys had in applications to go to the real majors prior to 2001? Now times have changed, you think you are a great carrier that should staple USAir guys to the bottom?
The oldtimers (most of the senoirity list these days) at USAirways paid their dues. Not the junior America West group who worked for a crappy airline all these years and got to be affiliated with a real one.

Let me edit that I'm not talking about the guys at AWA that have been there for the long haul. I'm talking about all the others who were looking at something better than they settled for.

Last edited:
WickedPissa said:
How many of you America West guys had in applications to go to the real majors prior to 2001? Now times have changed, you think you are a great carrier that should staple USAir guys to the bottom?
The oldtimers (most of the senoirity list these days) at USAirways paid their dues. Not the junior America West group who worked for a crappy airline all these years and got to be affiliated with a real one.

Let me edit that I'm not talking about the guys at AWA that have been there for the long haul. I'm talking about all the others who were looking at something better than they settled for.

What an A$$! What is a real major? Is it the old US Air that could not survive on its own? Everybody chooses an airline large or small based on all kinds of traits. Me, I choose AWA because it was a west coast carrier. Crappy? Maybe, but I did in the end choose to go there. Just like all the US guys choose to go to US. Did I get lucky? Or more appropriately COULD I be lucky if this deal works out? Yeah! You bet!

As far as the dues thing let's all just realize that "I paid my dues" is nothing more that a whinning-crying-temper-tantrum-because-somebody-else-made-a-better-decision-then-me tiff. If you were at SWA would you be crying about the dues you paid? No! Frankly I could not give a squirt of pi$$ for your dues. I'll pay mine somewhere along the way. And guess what, I have no intention of charging you for them...!;)

Have a great day!!!!

Latest resources

Back