New US Airways pilots want share of profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
xanderman said:
What an A$$! What is a real major? Is it the old US Air that could not survive on its own? Everybody chooses an airline large or small based on all kinds of traits. Me, I choose AWA because it was a west coast carrier. Crappy? Maybe, but I did in the end choose to go there. Just like all the US guys choose to go to US. Did I get lucky? Or more appropriately COULD I be lucky if this deal works out? Yeah! You bet!

As far as the dues thing let's all just realize that "I paid my dues" is nothing more that a whinning-crying-temper-tantrum-because-somebody-else-made-a-better-decision-then-me tiff. If you were at SWA would you be crying about the dues you paid? No! Frankly I could not give a squirt of pi$$ for your dues. I'll pay mine somewhere along the way. And guess what, I have no intention of charging you for them...!;)

Have a great day!!!!

You called me an A with a couple dollar signs, yet it seems as if your first paragraph agreed with me.

I'll be honest. Maybe I was talking about junior guys at AWA who were hired in the past couple years. The kind of guy throughout the industry who applied to Fedex, UPS, American, United, Northwest, Delta, USAir, etc. when they were doing well and hiring, and at the time had to settle for JetBlue, America West, Valuejet, and to some extent SWA. Now as fate has it, most of these guys are fortunate. They should be lucky to have fallen into a pretty good position these days.

It just chaps my a with some dollar signs that these are some of the guys saying to tack those bastards at the bottom of the list.

They are all hippocrites. (if I spelled it wrong like some Greek philosopher, it was unintended).

These are some of the guys who got the America West interview call, and in the interview were asked why they want to work there......

"Well I have always dreamed of working for an airline that was bankrupt in 1991. And as far as being a start up low cost carrier in 1983 that will add to the fate of bringing my fellow pilots salaries down over time, it is like a dream come true!"

WickedPissa said:
How many of you America West guys had in applications to go to the real majors prior to 2001? Now times have changed, you think you are a great carrier that should staple USAir guys to the bottom?
The oldtimers (most of the senoirity list these days) at USAirways paid their dues. Not the junior America West group who worked for a crappy airline all these years and got to be affiliated with a real one.

Let me edit that I'm not talking about the guys at AWA that have been there for the long haul. I'm talking about all the others who were looking at something better than they settled for.

I never lifted a finger to get out of AWA even while everyone laughed at us over the years, all because I liked it. What makes AAA any more a "real" airline? Please spare me your answer and shove it.

WickedPissa said:
These are some of the guys who got the America West interview call, and in the interview were asked why they want to work there......

"Well I have always dreamed of working for an airline that was bankrupt in 1991. And as far as being a start up low cost carrier in 1983 that will add to the fate of bringing my fellow pilots salaries down over time, it is like a dream come true!"

By your own logic, why the heck are the furloughees even worrying about coming back. Shouldn't they be where the grass is greener?

At least you inherited USAir colors and got rid of your Dan Marino to Mark Duper Miami Dolphins get up.

Any comments on my last post?

vetrider said:
By your own logic, why the heck are the furloughees even worrying about coming back. Shouldn't they be where the grass is greener?

You lost me.

What do USAir furloughees have to do with a guy being interviewed at AWA ?

And yes, the grass is greener at the new USAirways than where some of the furloughed guys ended up.

Last edited:
WickedPissa said:
You lost me.

What do USAir furloughees have to do with a guy being interviewed at AWA ?

Nothing. Since the pay and benefits are so low these days, why would such supreme aviators as those who worked for a "real" airline such as previous USairways want to contiunue to "lower" the bar. Should they not hold out for FedEx since doing anything else would be lowering the pay and benefits for enveryone? Thats what I meant, even though its probably still clear as mud.

I don't mean that to put anyone down, I just get my back up a little bit when people belittle AWA pilots as being losers who couldn't get on anywhere else. I don't know if I could have or not, it was moot for me because I never tried.

Not everyone who wants to can get into Harvard, does that mean they should not go to college at all?

Last edited:
vetrider said:
Nothing. Since the pay and benefits are so low these days, why would such supreme aviators as those who worked for a "real" airline such as previous USairways want to contiunue to "lower" the bar. Should they not hold out for FedEx since doing anything else would be lowering the pay and benefits for enveryone?

This conversation goes back further than this post. I'm talking about AWA guys who think they should be higher on an integrated list than a guy who has been at USAir even before AWA existed in 82-83.

And since you ask, it only makes sense that everybody who was hired at USAirways in the early 90's and furloughed should be more senior than some newhire commuter guy hired in the last couple years.

Last edited:
WickedPissa said:
This conversation goes back further than this post. I'm talking about AWA guys who think they should be higher on an integrated list than a guy who has been at USAir even before AWA existed in 82-83.

I won't argue that point, some may, but I won't.

Latest resources

Back