• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New US Airways pilots want share of profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not advocating putting one or the other on the bottom, but essentially someone will end up there. The constant talk of US was going to liquidate, well that might be a fact, or it might not be. I think I remember back with the UAL announcement, Mr. Wolf stating US would liquidate if they didn't merge with UAL.....seems it stuck around for sometime after that, but I digress.
Curiously I'd like to see how your staffing levels have been. Obviously the majority of the a/c returns has come from the east side, as it was easier with us in BK to get rid of them. Think we are down to 211/214 a/c. AWA was suposed to be down to 140 a/c. Is that where you guys are at or???

It's also curious to note that it seems that AWA has been staffing the airline about 13.5 pilots/ac. Whereas with the latest bid out at US, the staffing level is about 10.3 pilots/ac. Since the merger has been announced they have paired down the US side by 500 positions. 2892 down to 2408 that includes the 55 recalled. AWA list shows 1894. Going by the Us staffing of 10.3 it equals about 3605 total pilots. Using 13.5 it's about 4725. Which staffing level do you think Management wants???
Total active both sides right now is 4302. So the airline is either fat by 700 or short by 400. The 190's will add some positions but very slowly.
Mediation starts June 1st. Will be interesting how everything plays out...

Anyways just thought it interesting how the numbers are playing out.

Oh BTW ....ABE your an idiot....

Crzipilot said:
Not advocating putting one or the other on the bottom, but essentially someone will end up there. The constant talk of US was going to liquidate, well that might be a fact, or it might not be. I think I remember back with the UAL announcement, Mr. Wolf stating US would liquidate if they didn't merge with UAL.....seems it stuck around for sometime after that, but I digress.
Curiously I'd like to see how your staffing levels have been. Obviously the majority of the a/c returns has come from the east side, as it was easier with us in BK to get rid of them. Think we are down to 211/214 a/c. AWA was suposed to be down to 140 a/c. Is that where you guys are at or???

It's also curious to note that it seems that AWA has been staffing the airline about 13.5 pilots/ac. Whereas with the latest bid out at US, the staffing level is about 10.3 pilots/ac. Since the merger has been announced they have paired down the US side by 500 positions. 2892 down to 2408 that includes the 55 recalled. AWA list shows 1894. Going by the Us staffing of 10.3 it equals about 3605 total pilots. Using 13.5 it's about 4725. Which staffing level do you think Management wants???
Total active both sides right now is 4302. So the airline is either fat by 700 or short by 400. The 190's will add some positions but very slowly.
Mediation starts June 1st. Will be interesting how everything plays out...

Anyways just thought it interesting how the numbers are playing out.

Oh BTW ....ABE your an idiot....

You are right. Im an idiot! Good day. I have to go fly now. Have fun at Home Depot!!!

Let it be known that I have no Dog in this fight. I have been attentively monitoring this merger like many others for some time. Both pilot groups have many aviators that are worthly of distinguished flying crosses had they chose to fly in the military. The fact is this is not the military and it is not a fair game for men who choose to play. ALPA is an organization that represents thousands of pilots. ALPA will always do what is best for the Union. In other words, dont expect your Union to represent you unless your Union is going to make some money. As for the thousand plus pilots currently on furlough from the ole USAIR,,,,,you must remember these individuals have not paid the UNION in a long time. So what does that mean....Heck....I dont know, but my wisdom tells me that the ALPA Adiministratve Review says they will be only considered as part of this merger after all active pilots have been slotted together. Its all about dollars..Quite Frankly I think that bites the bullet but Im not in the Financial Dept at ALPA. On a more positvie note for the furloughed guys and gals of the Ole Usair, my intelligence is telling me that not only will all of you who wish to be recalled will, but there will be many new hires for the new Usair in 2007 and 2008. Mr. Doug Parker is not only innovative with his managerial skills but he is decisive with his competitiveness like Mr Nash of the Suns. He will not give in to intimidation.

GO USAIR....aka AWA

Somebody once told me that if you have nothing to say positive then dont say anything at all. Well,,I think thats good advice considering the mess were all in. Just be happy and dont even consider being unhappy. Dance every day in the shower.....but most of all be sure to Sing everyday wether it be in the shower or the cockpit...Just try and be happy and you will undoubtedly live to retire at 65.

Fly-n-hi said:
WickedPissa wins the "Jackass Poster of the Thread" award.

You're a tool.

Wow. This trophy is a lot heavier than it looks like on television. First I would like to thank .................

Deadalus said:
How bout all those 15-20 year US Air guys that went to AWA in the last couple years. They must not have realized they were at one of the awesome legacy carriers. Pissa(Pissa of sh!t) The sad thing is you don't realize you're a loser and AWA had to pull you're sorry arrogant rear out of the fire.

AWA did not pull my arrogant rear out of the fire. I've never worked for USAir. I fly freight. However, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

abefly said:
As I have said before I only have posted on here a few times, but I am all about a fair integration as far as active pilots go. There should be an integration based upon percentages and that is most likely how the integration will go. I am sorry that you made the decision to go to Us Air and were furloughed and now you are most likely working on a crj for republic or another carrier, or maybe working at home depot. It is rough times, but the fact of the matter is that your career expectation was ZERO!!!! America west was planning on hiring 300 pilots in 2005 and what was US Air going to do???? Exactly! Liquidate or maybe furlough more until liquidation. I hope that you are recalled and expect to get back to work at this new company with a great contract, but the fact is if you wanted to you could have easily applied to America West and tried to get a job there, but you didn't. SO now you will be below all the Junior young snot nosed punks at America West who are a lot younger than you. Life throws curveballs at you all the time. you missed. Sorry!!!!! But at least you will have a job!!! Best of luck and we will see what the arbitrator does!!!! Its not in my hands! Happy seis de mayo. Im going to get another corona!

I'm so glad I edged you out on the jackass of the post award. This trophy is mine.

As you have assumed in error, I do not work at home depot, fly an rj for Republic, am not furloughed, and never worked for USAir. You are 0 for 4. I work for a company who makes more dead presidents than you (not rubbing it in, just a fact). So I guess I hit that curveball over the GreenMonster at hit the Citgo sign.

WickedPissa said:
Wow. This trophy is a lot heavier than it looks like on television. First I would like to thank .................

Yeah...you can put it up on the fireplace mantle.

Good old little Pisa forgot to mention a few years back the guys that went to fly freight were the ones that couldn't get on at a major. HA HA. More like garden snake.

Latest resources

Back