• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"New UAL" jumpseat & business class?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wave, if this has happened to you we apologize. What is supposed to happen is a main cabin frequent flyer gets a free FC upgrade and you get on either in main cabin or up front on the comfy JSs.

The policy sucks, but it is what it is. I rarely see a situation where one of the 8 FC seats is open without the main cabin having open seats as well.

With our recent Sabre change there is a "learning curve" going on at the gate, so please ask to speak with the CA if you think you are about to be left behind. We will get you on if there is a seat available and most CAs are doing gate checks at 10 minutes prior to push just to be sure no one is left behind.

Continental err United sucks. As long as they are going with the CAL way of doing things they will always stick it to employees or non revs.

Jeff, MGT, Fred, Pierce...Hope you get coal for Christmas. I know you sure wont be working

Come on lottery....

I have already seen some positive operational stuff come over to the CAL side (and some incredibly dumb stuff too).

What is this positive operational stuff you speak of? That new United lanyard?

Did not know that Ralph- but no- that's how it was explained to me by pilots who worked there 3 years ago-

On the subject and to be fair-
Virgin America policy- no non revs in 1st of any kind- airplane can go out full all js's occupied, and open seats in 1st- you'll be left at gate

I thougt we could upgrade a Pax to open up a coach seat.I`am pretty sure it`s in the GOM that way.I will have to look it up again.

Apparently so- which is a lot better
But still a worse policy than CO- I believe they will place JSer in 1st if none other available- and Co non revs can pay a bit to sit there-
but who am I to comment from WN- what can I offer you? An exit row, free drink, and some more pretzels? These opinions come from my previous lives-
Thank you to all the airlines that upgrade us- I hope we treat you well enough when you ride us to make it worth it. Heck, I'll even run for a Starbucks and chocolate for you- It's always very much appreciated and not lost on us that we can't reciprocate that particular benefit

What is this positive operational stuff you speak of? That new United lanyard?

I haven't read it myself but multiple Captains recently have brought up the fact that the new ops manual has significant positive changes in the area of Captain's authority, which fortunately made it into the book over the objections of our esteemed VP of flt ops. Other than this I wouldn't have a clue...

The problem is there are too many scabs and nancy boys and girls in the left seat who are afraid of this so called carpet dance. Who gives a flying F if you have to go in? Ive also flown with captains that have endured this so called threat and stood up to it with no issues. You're supposed to be the captain, period end of story.

Last two times we had intl jumpseaters on my flight I made sure I let my position be known, these people should be in first class and treated with respect. And they were. Just because we have scumbag managers who want to take away your captains authority doesn't mean you lay down and accept it. Good Lord this should be self evident by now but obviously we have some people who still don't get it.

Well said zonker!
The flip side though are the idiots out there that use their authority in not so skillful ways- they erode our credibility as much as mgmt tries to take it-

Latest resources

Back