• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New SWA record at 380+ trips a month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was 115 last month courtesy of re routes and a ja, which is on my upper end, 95 next month. Usually sit in mid to upper 90s bidding about 50%. I commute and don't pick up. I don't like to think about work on my days off. I've seen the boards of 150+ guys and it wouldn't be my cup of tea, but if it keeps me from getting ja'd, go nuts.

50 seaters coming back from the desert? Who will fly them genius? And maybe you didn't hear, but the big 3 are losing 5000 pilots each over the next 6-10 years. What happens when 500 senior guys leave in one year with multiple fleet types? Do you think there would be thousands of training events? Yes, yes there will be. Btw, the ME carriers are losing a lot of their expat pilots back to the States or back to Europe, where things are better due to lower gas prices. Take a look at PPRUNE and the ME section for a taste of their pain in the Sandpit. Not as great as it was a few years ago.

And you mentioned me, so I responded. You're welcome, and you're wrong, again.

Bye Bye---General Lee

LOL

He thinks the 1500 hour rules are gonna stick! So niave.
hahahaha
200 hour pilots will be back at the regional airlines soon my friends. Problem solved. Been a long time without any major accidents. Knock on wood.

BTW Gen,

We are hiring 350 this year. That is more than you guys. Heard a rumor thanks to your TA vote things are delayed till March minimum and we got some of your orders... thanks! I also hear we got tons of other 73s lined up as international growth has slowed.

There is talk of age 67 too. Just in time for competition from the Arab states to slow things down for you guys internationally during that perfect storm.

As for all that training and fleet types. Sounds expensive and a disadvantage that might affect that profit sharing and your ability to grow.

Good luck. One day and I have had my fill of FI for another 6 months. I will just monitor the responses on those trip credit questions.

20,000 posts dude. Everything in moderation.

All kidding aside man. Are you seeing anyone for this FI problem?

General, most everyone loves flying. Why we do it.
Why is it your goal to ruin it with superficial non sense about the industry?

Last edited:
Great response JT12345. You still haven't learned how to debate. You try character assassination instead of debating those issues. Will the 1500 hour rule stand you ask? Has it changed yet? Until it has, those mysterious 50 seaters coming from the desert will still be hard to crew. To say otherwise is exactly what you continue to do, which is just "guesswork."

Keep trying. And, enjoy Amarillo.

Bye Bye---General Lee

PHX CA got 367 last month. Nothing like a 69k month.

I'm looking at 210+ for this month. It's really not that hard if you don't mind working a little more during the summer months. It's a nice bonus.

Wow, with people like you and the PHX Kernal each doing the work of 3 pilots, I'm shocked we don't have a contract yet. When you work your 28 days a month are you rocking the "rebelious" black tie and SWAPA pin?

Last edited:
Face it Gen. Most of your problem is with who's airline is better. When really how many pilots have a choice of who hires them and is really just lucky to get hired by one.

The debate essentially is like a highschool debate. I will say that your Amarillo and Midland agruments are a joke. Swa pilots have a better life style, make more money, and our company has the only recommended buy financials on Wall Street cause we own everything. We dont rent many airplanes so job security is a lot better here and more important than where we fly. Our productivity is so good that we can probably absorb 10% furloughs and keep everyone working. Our managment does not pit Major pilots vs. Regional pilots. Our main goal is to compete with others and not amoungst ourselves, so the work environment is better. But ya some pilots want to fly international and check the box in their life. And some want to be the King fast risking bad financials and initial low pay for it.

So getting back to your high school debate. My airline is better than yours for so many reasons. Upgrade is not everything especially when you get senior as an FO at SWA and make what a Captain makes at a Legacy.

I will just say that we both are lucky we got on with Major Airlines and things are going well. Stop being so negative and blameful especially towards SWA. This is the USA and a capitalist economy. Get over your past and getting feked by RJs and LCCs. Life is too short and you waste too much time on here.

Have more productive fun than FI fun man.

Last edited:
If everyone would put him on the ignore list and stop quoting GeneralLee, this site has potential to get back to decent.

I have a personal friend who knows who the General is at Delta. He's legendary for the fact that everything you read on here, is true. He's arrogant and a pr!ck. Every airline has cocky, bad apples and he's stamped his name on it at Delta. He's mad e legacy of himself at Delta for being unliked by everything there.

No matter what he decides to write back, it's bullish!t. Sucks to be "that" guy when you walk into the crew lounge, as my friend put it.

Wow, with people like you and the PHX Kernal each doing the work of 3 pilots, I'm shocked we don't have a contract yet. When you work your 28 days a month are you rocking the "rebelious" black tie and SWAPA pin?

So true.

I was 115 last month courtesy of re routes and a ja, which is on my upper end, 95 next month. Usually sit in mid to upper 90s bidding about 50%. I commute and don't pick up. I don't like to think about work on my days off. I've seen the boards of 150+ guys and it wouldn't be my cup of tea, but if it keeps me from getting ja'd, go nuts.

That's me too...almost identical.

Latest resources

Back