New SWA record at 380+ trips a month?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JT12345

New SWA record at 380+ trips in one month?

Seems the average is about 120-130 trips per month here at SWA without even trying with less seniority and commuting for me at around 16 days off over the summer. With the guys working it averaging about 190 trips a month living in base over the summer that seem senior.

What are the averages throughout the year, living in base, or commuting, schedule with weekends off and a schedule having to work weekends? Seniority percentage from the top?

P.S. This thread might shut the General up, lol, but I doubt it. Maybe PCL128 too!

Last edited:
Seems the average is about 120-130 trips per month here at SWA without even trying with less seniority and commuting for me at around 16 days off over the summer. With the guys working it averaging about 190 trips a month living in base over the summer that seem senior.

What are the averages throughout the year, living in base, or commuting, schedule with weekends off and a schedule having to work weekends? Seniority percentage from the top?

P.S. This thread might shut the General up, lol, but I doubt it. Maybe PCL128 too!

Funny stuff! Supposedly an ATL ER FO made 290 hours last month bidding with line check guys and then getting those trips dropped and picking up Greenslips. Your 360 trips sound great, but if there is one leg to Midland in there, it's not worth it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
UAL has a lot of problems, but $ isn't really one of them. And we don't have to beat the sh!t out of New Mexico all month to get it.

PHX CA got 367 last month. Nothing like a 69k month.

I'm looking at 210+ for this month. It's really not that hard if you don't mind working a little more during the summer months. It's a nice bonus.

If you are junior and commute, premium is hard to get unless you can clear your board so I wouldn't plan on 200 hour months. Doesn't mean they can't happen due to re-routes and JA's just don't count on them if you are junior.

My buddies that make the 220+ trips monthly are able to clear their boards then pick up premium wherever they can get even if it means sitting in a crew lounge on a day off waiting and hoping. The myth that guys don't put money on trips means it isn't public among us mortals and is publicly discouraged. To them it's similar to day trading. It's f the family got to top each other for TFP count.

Well i did 160 without even trying one month and I am not that senior. Did not pick up anything. Most the guys say I should average 150 even commuting while living in base average 200 over the summer picking up. Still learning the system. At 70% in base and commute one leg.

Any good numbers out there based on seniority and commuting or living in base?

Last edited:
Funny stuff! Supposedly an ATL ER FO made 290 hours last month bidding with line check guys and then getting those trips dropped and picking up Greenslips. Your 360 trips sound great, but if there is one leg to Midland in there, it's not worth it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

My public math must be off.

Is 290 close to 360 when your talking of over 200 dollars an hour ?

Bye Bye---General Lee

I remember when the RJs were taking 'your flying' of leg lengths like Dallas to Midland. When ALPA was fighting over scope at Delta and NWA for them while 1000s were being furloughed. I have a hunch that anyone getting furloughed during that time would rather do that kind of flying than not have a job.

It is amazing how in one breath scope can be a huge issue in a contract and then when an airline has their mainline pilots do short haul all of a sudden it is somehow beneath their piers when times are good. Then when times are bad pilots make short haul and scope an issue again. How quickly they forget how this industry can turn on a dime and all of a sudden that flying looks a lot better than no paycheck. LMAO General.

How often does someone get all their check airmen trips dropped for the whole month? Not a bad deal if it happens year around. Sounds like a very low percentage of the FO group can do that, and what about the poor Captains over there?

BTW we are one of the most productive pilots groups in the industry.
I will take an easy to get 150 a month and Dallas to Midland too beoitch.

Due to low oil prices I heard the 50 seat RJs are coming back from the desert. And with the UAE Qatar issues sounds like a perfect storm.

Any way to block General cause I don't want him to hijack my thread?

Last edited:
I remember when the RJs were taking 'your flying' of leg lengths like Dallas to Midland. When ALPA was fighting over scope at Delta and NWA for them while 1000s were being furloughed. I have a hunch that anyone getting furloughed during that time would rather do that kind of flying than not have a job.

It is amazing how in one breath scope can be a huge issue in a contract and then when an airline has their mainline pilots do short haul all of a sudden it is somehow beneath their piers when times are good. Then when times are bad pilots make short haul and scope an issue again. How quickly they forget how this industry can turn on a dime and all of a sudden that flying looks a lot better than no paycheck. LMAO General.

How often does someone get all their check airmen trips dropped for the whole month? Not a bad deal if it happens year around. Sounds like a very low percentage of the FO group can do that, and what about the poor Captains over there?

BTW we are one of the most productive pilots groups in the industry.
I will take an easy to get 150 a month and Dallas to Midland too beoitch.

Due to low oil prices I heard the 50 seat RJs are coming back from the desert. And with the UAE Qatar issues sounds like a perfect storm.

Any way to block General cause I don't want him to hijack my thread?

50 seaters coming back from the desert? Who will fly them genius? And maybe you didn't hear, but the big 3 are losing 5000 pilots each over the next 6-10 years. What happens when 500 senior guys leave in one year with multiple fleet types? Do you think there would be thousands of training events? Yes, yes there will be. Btw, the ME carriers are losing a lot of their expat pilots back to the States or back to Europe, where things are better due to lower gas prices. Take a look at PPRUNE and the ME section for a taste of their pain in the Sandpit. Not as great as it was a few years ago.

And you mentioned me, so I responded. You're welcome, and you're wrong, again.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back