• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

New Skywest RJ rates????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trainerjet, I hope I can be as cool and as well adjusted as you when I grow up.

Bluto said:
Sleepy,
do you really think Skywest pilots are out to screw you? Do you really think this is about you? Get over yourself! It is you who has shown his true colors.

Yes, I think your pilot group is out to take even more flying away from us. It's not about me, it is about us. I know people who have talked about it with some of your pilots. Your pilots stated that they wanted to have our CR7's transfered to Scumwest, then your pilots would try to get higher pay. You are a bunch of worms!

Sleepy,
Some of us realize the folly of this "TA", and voted NO.
Your airplanes, your flying, come on the planes belong to the leasing company and the flying belongs to ma Delta, not you, not me, the company that sells the ticket owns it.
Now the real issue I voted no because it was a bad deal. Do I want "your airplane or flying" absolutely not, this is the way that the "man" whips you and me against each other and distracts us from the real issue- we are all being taken to the cleaners, you may lose the flying today, we will lose it tomorrow. This is how they will keep the pilots fighting amongst themselves, you are just furthering the "mans" goals.
Oh yes I fly to DFW on a regular basis come on over and say hi, I will be the guy in the SKYW monkey suit. Believe me what is best for you is also best for me and that is how it should be. It is us VS th "man"
PBR

I know people who have talked about it with some of your pilots. Your pilots stated that they wanted to have our CR7's transfered to Scumwest, then your pilots would try to get higher pay.
Oh sure, that's a reliable source. Kinda like 'my friends brother knows a guy that heard from the guy that works at 7-11...'. I seriously doubt that any SKYW pilot would say anything like that. Why in the world would we want ASA/CMR CR7s transferred to us?? It would make absolutely no sense. Sadly for the furloughed DAL pilots, DCI has plenty of flying to go around to the Connection carriers. They just keep moving it around to get everyone riled up. Like PBR said, it's just another example of the man keepin' the brotha man down.

Oh, and the 'Scumwest' nickname...very original, very mature. Nice work.

trainerjet...that was a great post, I like the part about the red dress and pumps. Who's next to wear them? :D

I suppose that when deltas pilots agree to a 30-40% reduction in hourly pay they will be caving in too... greedy suckers.. want to keep flying instead of going bankrupt.. can you believe they are getting suckered into that one?? They will also be keeping flying away from all the connection pilots... just because they wont stand up to the bankruptcy judge.... why don't they just price themselves out of business like everyone else is supposed to do? Guess they just don't understand... sigh...

Flyboyphil,

First of all, we will NOT give in the 31% or the 21% (with additional 9% in two May raises). Nope. We don't think we should be the only ones to give up anything. I have heard about 10% or maybe as high as 15%---and they can take it or we can give them Nothing. We might throw in a little per-diem money, or maybe some crew meals, etc. That's it. And, Dalpa is filing another grievance to try to recall the "War Emergency" furloughs (250 of them) since the War is over and the loads seem to be coming back. I don't think Dalpa is going to roll over on pay cuts, since Leo even said that we don't have to talk until 2005. Dalpa will probably ask for something in return for any cuts, like a contract extension or snapbacks. No rolling over here. Even with a 10-15% paycut, our pilots will still be the highest paid by 20-30% (vs AA and UA). But remember, our situation is different than AA's and UA's---and the only reason we are going to talk and possibly give some money is because we don't want to end up in the same situation as those two. And, since we are the only ones in this company with a contract and a union, we think some of the other employee groups should also chip in. (They would have no choice without a union or contract) Ofcourse, our union leadership may choose to not give anything, and they have been watching the books and know the real story. This should be interesting.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

PBRstreetgang said:
Sleepy,
Some of us realize the folly of this "TA", and voted NO.
Your airplanes, your flying, come on the planes belong to the leasing company and the flying belongs to ma Delta, not you, not me, the company that sells the ticket owns it.
Now the real issue I voted no because it was a bad deal. Do I want "your airplane or flying" absolutely not, this is the way that the "man" whips you and me against each other and distracts us from the real issue- we are all being taken to the cleaners, you may lose the flying today, we will lose it tomorrow. This is how they will keep the pilots fighting amongst themselves, you are just furthering the "mans" goals.
Oh yes I fly to DFW on a regular basis come on over and say hi, I will be the guy in the SKYW monkey suit. Believe me what is best for you is also best for me and that is how it should be. It is us VS th "man"
PBR

Good for you for voting no. To bad that 53% of your pilots are scumbags. Yes I know that the "man" is using the whipsaw against us quite effectively, and actions like your recent TA sure help him out.

And you are correct that nobody but the DAL shareholders "own" the flying, but since ASA and Comair have the aircraft (CR7), and your pilot group wants them, and is willing to offer to operate them for way less than we do, I can only conclude that you are trying to take them from us by being a "low-ball" bidder. That does not sit well with me, probably the way you will feel when Mesa undercuts you for the United flying.

General.. sorry.. thought I made it obvious.. my post was sarcastic in the extreme.. goodluck with your negotiations!

Latest resources

Back